Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Long Term Goals
tjg012 posted:
Long term goals on weight loss, and sticking to your diet after your content with yourself is the key. You may say that you want to lose 10 or 20 lbs in a month or three, yes its totally possible, but you'll hit your goal and throw what you have just earned down the drain. Last year i lost 70lbs in 6 months before i went to college and hit my goal. After i hit my goal i quit my diet and exercise, and the weight came right back on in no time. I had gained 40 lbs in 4 months. So what I am trying to say is that you want to set a goal, maybe its a big one, like your 150 and you want to get down to 120 with flat abs and/or 12%-15% body fat. Don't push yourself in 2 or 3 months, Make it a year or so because if you do that you will have a diet and exercise that you are able to do weekly over a long period of time and stick with rather than an intense low calorie starving yourself diet for a month and become tired of your lifestyle. Its the little things that help you lose weight for the best, not the big change of lifestyle.

3point14 responded:
Agreed 100%. It's taken me the better part of a year and a half to lose 30ish lbs., but I've only had a few small setbacks, not huge gain backs.

ArikoSan replied to 3point14's response:
I lost 30 lbs in ab a year, I started cycling one to two hours a day a Mediterranean diet, good vitamins/supplements, but the most dramatic weight shocker was the avoidance of sugary/diet drinks on my meals, I drink coffee in the morning 1/2 teaspoon of raw sugar, green tea in the afternoon (no sugar) or water, dinner is sugarless green tea and red wine on weekends

Cathrun replied to ArikoSan's response:
Thank you for ths tip. I have never heard anything good coming from diet soda....It seems like the more I drink the more I gain. I will switch to plain iced tea. Do you know they make it ready to use as iced tea in bags? It is very good, unsweetened, green tea too. Just a plain tea bag only you add cold water.

Spotlight: Member Stories

i am a happily married mother of 2. im trying to lose weight for them and myself. im doing this as a lifestyle change not just a fad diet. I originall...More

Helpful Tips

Weight loss coffee
I just started using a new gourmet instant coffee that helps reduce appetite, eliminate cravings, reduce portion sizes, decrease stored ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.