Skip to content
Maintaining weight
Anon_238530 posted:
I'm a 20 year old, 5'3" female and I have 5 pounds to go until I've reached my goal weight of 110 pounds. I currently have a net calorie intake of about 700 calories per day (I usually eat between 900-1000 calories and then work out until I've burned at least 350-400 calories). What I'm nervous about is how I'll maintain my weight when I get to my goal weight. I've lost 75 pounds so far and I'm really scared of becoming fat again. I'm also nervous that I won't be happy at 110 pounds and I'll only be happy if I'm thinner. I feel really guilty after eating meals containing more than 300 calories and I always feel like I have to go work out after eating. What would be the best way to maintain my weight once I get to 110 pounds?

ArikoSan responded:
avoid all sugary/diet drinks with your meals, green tea is good but good ole water is thermogenic, get some pharmaceutical quality vitamins , an hour a day of hi intensity workout do wonders

Anon_238530 replied to ArikoSan's response:
I only ever drink water, and occasionally light soy milk, so I don't have to worry about sugary drinks at all. I never ever take vitamins (and will never take them unless I have been strictly told to by my physician) as I get all of the vitamins and minerals I need from my diet of fruits, vegetables, grains, and fortified cereals and soy milk (for B-12). Actually, if you eat a balanced diet, you really don't need to buy vitamins at all. It's a waste of money. And I do work out, for at least an hour 6 days each week.

Tl;dr - I know how to lose weight. I want to know how to maintain my weight because I don't want to keep losing weight until I'm 95 pounds, which is likely since I found lately I've become obsessed with calories. I feel so guilty after eating

ploy40 replied to Anon_238530's response:
Same way as you do to lose weight, which is figuring out how many calories you need for every day life and don't eat below that.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a 26 year old female looking for a healthier life I started at 180 pounds I would like to be down to 150 pounds before the summer. As of March 1...More

Helpful Tips

Easy Weight Loss Tip
Make half of every plate fruits or vegetables. Eat them first, drink a large glass of water and wait a few minutes. Then eat the rest of ... More
Was this Helpful?
53 of 60 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.