Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Looking for a buddy
tiny_n_chubby posted:
Hi Everyone, I'm new here. ...... I've been eating lots of bad food and haven't done any exercise since February. Looking for a buddy who can exchange emails daily so we can keep track of each other. I perhaps go for baby steps first. Anyone interested, please let me know.

Megan9101214 responded:
I would love to exchange emails and have help to stay on track as well! Hi !

Less4Best responded:
I would like support as well. I can't commit to daily but 1-2X/wk would be feasible. I need to exercise more. I am just resisting it so much. It's the time element more than doing it. I am trying to eat low carbs because I did this before and it helped.. I am not sure where to track or add your email address. I am new at this,

Less4Best replied to Megan9101214's response:
I'd like to exchange emails also. i can onlt do 1-2X/wk but it would be so helpful. I am not sure how you do this process.
Thanks,

tiny_n_chubby replied to Megan9101214's response:
Hi Megan,

I don't know if we can post our emails here. Might try later. I weighed myself a couple of days ago (hadn't done it for long. I always avoided it). I'm around 132lbs. Will cut down on carbs ( eat less sugar) How are you going with your diet?

tiny_n_chubby replied to Less4Best's response:
I don't know if we can post our emails here. Didn't think about it. But I guess if you can log in to the discussion, you can see everyone's comments. I think it's quite good. I ate way too much the day before. Was really good yesterday. Haven't started doing any exercise yet.

tiny_n_chubby replied to Megan9101214's response:
Hi Megan,

Someone suggested me to make a food plan for the whole week what to eat but I haven't done it yet. Also, plan what to eat when you crave. I always reached for choc bar in the afternoon.

I found this if you have the same problem,

http://www.webmd.com/balance/features/afternoon-energy-boosters

CoachMattKoblens responded:
Hey I can help you through your journey and transform you life. I have helped a lot of people since I started coaching. Coaching is free and so is my website www.myfitmylife.com . Check it out and find the contact me section.....shoot me an email and we can discuss further nutrition and fitness. Matt-

tiny_n_chubby replied to CoachMattKoblens's response:
Hi Matt, thanks for the info. I'll check out the website.

sarahe123 responded:
Hi there, if you are looking for anymore buddies let me know. I've been maintaining for almost six years now, I'm currently a size 6 but am trying to make it to a size 4 again ( I have 15 lbs to loose) when I started my new healthy living change I was 245 lbs and I had always been the bigger girl ever since I was a little girl... anyways, I'm new to this community so if anyone needs buddy help let me know.

Warmest Regards
Sarahe

twarnall responded:
I just started the 3 Day Diet suggested by a friend. I like the plan because it tells you exactly what to eat. I don't have to count calories or anything else...it's easy, but I am always hungry. After doing some research on the plan, I'm thinking of giving it up now, BUT that still leaves me with the question..what to eat?

I would join weight watchers or Jenny Creg, but didn't want to spend that kind of money!

I would love to have a eating plan, where all I have to do is purchase what is suggested and then enjoy.

I am trying really hard to stop drinking, some family problems as well as I just retired.

I have been trying to walk a couple of miles a few times a week.

I love Geocaching, but have no one to enjoy it with. I am thinking about pruchasing a metal detector and go hunting.

I would appreaciat any suggestions, especially WHAT TO EAT! Terry - Hayward, CA

ambita responded:
YEESS! I'm looking for a buddy too!! I need to loose about 20lbs! I have been logging in my food every day on my log for about a month now and have only lost 5lbs... I need motivation and somebody to do it with!

ambita replied to sarahe123's response:
Hi! Wow you have lost alot!! How amazing!! I need to loose at least 20lbs.. I am pretty new at this also and have no buddies to do this with. So far i have lost 5lbs with the daily loggin of my food, I have been doing this for a little over a month, I log on through out the day on myphone. I need to do this for real this time! I weigh 165 lbs and am 5'"3, I had a child two years ago and I just can't get it off! Before I had my baby girl I always struggled with loosing weight, I would loose some here and there but never lost the amount i wanted to loose.. You inspire me, please give me good realistic tips! (I loooove watching the biggest looser and "I use to be Fat" those kinda shows inspire me also ;0).. Have a great day!

elegantgem responded:
hi there,

I would be interested. My e-mail address is ami.florida@hotmail.com . Write me.

Spotlight: Member Stories

For the last couple years I've been able to maintain a weight I was happy with. My BMI stayed in a healthy range and I enjoyed the gym. For the la...More

Helpful Tips

Weight loss coffee
I just started using a new gourmet instant coffee that helps reduce appetite, eliminate cravings, reduce portion sizes, decrease stored ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.