Skip to content
Trying To Lose 40lbs Eventually, Need Some Support
TangiblySweet posted:
I'm half Filipino and my other half is a mix of white and black. Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, on the Filipino side of my family is thin without any effort such as dieting or exercise (my grandmother often tries to force feed all her grandchildren because all of my cousins are "too skinny"). While everyone on my white/black side of the family is overweight or obese, to the point that diabetes is very common (that's why I began dieting). I hadn't realized that although my Asian family has assimilated into American culture, they still eat mainly traditional dishes and ALOT of fish, rice, vegetables, etc. I also notice the meals are a family event that last an hour or two, so everyone eats slower than most Americans. My mother is 4â?²11â?³ and she's around 90lbs; she eats late at nights, doesn't work out, and can munch on sweets/junkfood/fastfood when she feels like it because she primarily eats rice, lean proteins like fish, and alot of fruits/vegetables. She never gains weight and often tries to sabotage my weight loss efforts, as well as taking humor in my weight. Last week she said "You're pretty enough, if you lost 20lbs you'd be able to find a good man for your future."

:[

I've always been thin until the last two years, from the time I was 13 years old to 19 my weight bounced up and down between 100lbs and 120lbs, without dieting or exercise. I always loved the way I looked; I was one of my only friends that could still wear jeans that were size 1. I guess I kinda took my thinness for granted. Around 19 I started dating (which meant lots of dinners and lunches out, on top fastfood a few times a week), my mom got a day job so she cooked less meals for me (which meant I ate more microwavable foods and alot of junk food because I never learned to cook), I began drinking more heavily (empty calories), and since I wasn't in high-school anymore I didn't have to really stay active (P.E).
Now two years laterâ?¦ I'm 21 years old, 5â?²2â?³, size 15 in clothes, and last week I was 160lbs. I've tried dieting, but never really lost more than a pound a week which was discouraging. I tried an exercise regime and was able to get down to 140lbs from 150lbs in a week, but then I got engaged and sort of got lazy. I've tried so many diet pills and other diet products (Slimfast, The Hollywood Miracle Flush, Hydroxycut, Green Tea Pill, Acai Berry Pills, etc.), and they all would work temporarily but the weight would come back plus more as soon as I stopped taking them.
I've been dieting (consuming an average of 800 - 1500 calories) and exercising (30 minutes a day) for the last two weeks, and have dropped four pounds, also taking Acai berry extract weight loss aid and drinking green tea (which I'm not sure is helping any).
My realistic goal is to be 150lbs by the end of the month, 140lbs in the next few months, and 135lbs by sometime during the beginning of the new year.

Today I found the planner here on WebMD and this community. I literally cried when I used the BMI calculator. My BMI is 29.3, weight to height ratio .58... I had no idea that I'm so close to being obese. My healthy weight range is between 101 and 136. Any advice or support would be helpful...

CoachMattKoblens responded:
Hey Tangibly Sweet, nice name by the way. My wife is also half Philipino. If you want I can help you transform your lifestyle and health. Check out my website it's free and so is my coaching. www.myfitmylife.com you can send me an email in the contact me section if you're interested

TangiblySweet replied to CoachMattKoblens's response:
Will do! :>

vIvianwilso5 responded:
Hello Tangebly Sweet, I am on the RocaLabs Gastric Bypass Without Surgery Formula I have only been on the plan for 2 weeks and I have already lost 12 pounds, I drink the formula in the morning and I do not want to eat I feel full, It Works

RoseLynn02 responded:
I lb a week is amazing. That shouldn't be discouraging. Remember, any loss is better than none at all, especially if it's that consistent. 4lbs in a month is great, you should have been proud of that. That would mean that you would be down to your target weight in about 6 months. I personally think that's would be great. Not everybody can even loose that much in a month.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a proud mother of three beautiful children. I work full-time, and go to school full-time, along with doing an internship for school. I live a ver...More

Helpful Tips

Tips to reduce weight
1. Indulge in fat releasing foods like honey, eggs, shrimp. 2. Drink a total of 64 ounces of water at regular intervals in a day. 3. Eat ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.