Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
I have 100lbs. to lose. Please give me tips!
alicia0620 posted:
I have 100lbs. to lose and I really need to help and tips on how to do it.

CaseyFae responded:
  • Eat healthy whole foods; fish without batter or breadcrumbs, chicken without skin or coating, beans, lentils, whole wheat brown bread, vegetables of all kinds and fruit and nuts.
  • Grill, steam or eat your food raw.
  • Avoid takeaway foods.
  • Do not keep sweets/treats in the house but do allow yourself a little something every now and then and make it into a trip out to get it.
  • The obvious one is move more, start small if you used to be a couch potato with just 30 minuets a day of light activity and step it up as and when you can. Work out DVDs are brilliant as a start point if you can find one that works for you as you can do them in your own home and pause them to catch your breath (as you'll likely need to for the 1st few weeks)
  • Also wherever possible walk and take the stairs, having a friend you can work out with is a massive plus and a great boost to keep you going too.
  • Tell everyone you know what your doing, this makes you accountable and less likely to lose sight of your goal if your friends and family are expecting and watching for your results.
  • Chart your progress on paper with a weekly weigh in update so you can see how far you've come.
Good Luck!

yrh17 responded:
Try raw food for a week

mannad08 responded:
I have many friends that have lost a significant amount of weight doing Weight Watchers. It is a healthy way to lose weight. Its not only a diet but a lifestyle change! Good luck with your weight loss! Believe in yourself

marisasibley replied to mannad08's response:
www.healthylifestylebalance.com
www.redefininghealth.org

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've been trying to lose the same 10 pounds forever -- I'm sure that makes me like a lot of other people but that means I'm just as frustr...More

Helpful Tips

Tips to reduce weight
1. Indulge in fat releasing foods like honey, eggs, shrimp. 2. Drink a total of 64 ounces of water at regular intervals in a day. 3. Eat ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 12 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.