Skip to content
What else is there?
An_241182 posted:
Hi. I am twenty two years old and have been trying to lose that 'freshman 15' for the past two years. I have been keeping a good diet with whole grains, vegetables, lean meats, and low on fat and calories. I don't exceed 1,200 calories a day and even when I fall below that it is never less than 1,100 calories. Add to that, I have been exercising six days a week regularly for the past two years. I try to vary my exercises so as not to plateau, but that doesn't seem to make a difference. Currently, I have been running either around my neighborhood or on the treadmill at home. On the treadmill, I do about 30 minutes with the speed at 6.5 and I try to keep this same pace when running in the neighborhood for the same amount of time. At least twice a week (sometimes three) I do strength training exercises and every other week I try to do more sets or just increase the intensity of these exercises. So far, despite keeping a good diet and exercising regularly, I haven't lost a single pound OR inch. In fact, I prefer to calculate weight loss by inches and I have lost none. After two years of nothing, it is seeming kind of hopeless. I'm wondering if anyone knows what else there is I can do for losing these pesky 15 pounds. Thanks.

jendub25 responded:
perhaps cardio isnt the only avenue you should be trying. Have you ever thought about strength training.
I am 28, i dont eat over 1600 calories a day, I eat 6 times a day and never past 7:00pm. I work out 6 times a week and I also ran into the same problem as you. The weight loss just stopped. So I met with my personal trainer and started weight training and strength training. Ive lost 3 lbs and 1/2 an inch.
I would suggest looking into this )

marisasibley replied to jendub25's response:
www.healthylifestylebalance.com
www.redefininghealth.org

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am looking forward to losing 15 pounds and keeping them off for the rest of my life. My real goal is to *not* become a diabetic, which happened to m...More

Helpful Tips

Fast Weight Loss Now
I will be brief since everyone has covered everything you need know nicely. My only tip; if you want to lose ____lbs.(boyfriends weight) ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 6 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.