Skip to content
remember good food is okay!
anna141 posted:
instead of ignoring cravings, just eat a yummy, healthy snack! starving yourself solves nothing.
Was this Helpful?
8 of 10 found this helpful
chuckwho69 responded:
Every once and a while when I eat when I try to swallow my food, my food seem to stop and I have to keep drinking some type of liquid to get my food to go down into my stomach, not every meal just every once and a while.
Lisa0202 replied to chuckwho69's response:
Hi Chuck,
Several male relatives have what you are describing. My husband has it as well. He was diagnosed with GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease). He also had to have hisesophagus expanded surgically. He takes generic prilosec, which he gets at Costco. He hasn't had a problem for several years now.Good luck to you!

PetuniaPea replied to chuckwho69's response:
It might be GERD...or it might be because your jaw is tight. Do you clench your teeth? Sleep on your stomach? Grind your teeth at night? Are you stressed out? I have problems with my neck and jaw (pain and tightness), and sometimes chewing can be tough--sometimes I bite my cheek or tongue, more often than other people!

Check out books from your local library on relieving jaw tightness...I just checked one out last month...I have it right's called "The TMJ Healing Plan" by Cynthia Peterson, PT It helped a lot! Good luck to you, too!
PetuniaPea responded:
Agree! Don't starve! Remember, it may seem counterintuitive, but you have to EAT to lose weight!!! Healthy snacks include fruit, veggies, nuts, seeds, yogurt, etc!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am turning 20 in July and I have a husband that will be 23 in September. We have been together since I was 14 and I love him dearly. We have no kids...More

Helpful Tips

Tips to reduce weight
1. Indulge in fat releasing foods like honey, eggs, shrimp. 2. Drink a total of 64 ounces of water at regular intervals in a day. 3. Eat ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 16 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.