Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
HCG diet
raecyn posted:
I am thinking about starting to take the HCG diet (drops). I have seen numerous testimonies on how great it is. Has anyone here tried it? What is your story about it? Please.

jean4u responded:
I haven't tried it but I read on one of these boards that they are taking the hormone part out of these drops.

I also heard that you have to eat only 500 calories a DAY. For me that about covers ONE meal and NO snacks.

Gee, I guess you could lose weight if you ate ONLY 500 calories a day.

For me it was learning HOW to eat that I lost weight AND can keep it OFF.

At some point you have to get off the HCG.

I was just talking to a person over this weekend, his niece lost over 80 lbs. on Optifast (the one Oprah was on) a liquid diet. I asked how is the niece doing...turns out she gained it and more back.

I just don't think these things are good for your metabolism or general health or learning how to eat healthy.

I just recently read about the "no surgery" gasttric bypass. Well that is a drink you take before meals, costs about $500 and (are you sitting down) only lasts for a few hrs. (the full feeling). What happens when you run out of $500's.

I would rather take the $500 and buy healthy food.

You can get all kinds of free help here or Spark People.

Do alot of research before you part with your $$$$.

Barb

jean4u responded:
Oh, BTW, where are you reading these "testimonies". Consider the source and what benefit they have in supporting any product.

Barb

Rgulen responded:
Hi Raecyn,

We did have a member who did try the HCG diet and I believe that she had some success; but, at the request of family she adopted a more traditional approach to weight loss.

The health information sites that I trust do not endorse the HCG diet and thus it is not an option that I would consider. I would caution against doing any diet this extreme not under medical doctor supervision.

Rg

Marci320 replied to Rgulen's response:
was talking to my best friend from 6th grade on the phone the other day, and she reminded me that her mother had been on the HCG shots way back in either 1969 or 1970. She lost some weight but then didn't keep it off. I just think since HCG has been around that long, if the success rate were really that good, there were no dangers involved, and people kept off the weight once they were off the diet, you wouldn't have to ask whether or not to try it. You don't have to ask whether or not to start something like Weight Watchers because it is proven to be safe. HCG is obviously still controversial after all these years. As for the testimonies for HCG, anyone can write one of those, and you can't trust all you read.
However, if is a personal choice if you want to try it, and I agree with Rg that you should not try this without consulting your doctor first.

Good luck!

Marci

Marci320 responded:
was talking to my best friend from 6th grade on the phone the other day, and she reminded me that her mother had been on the HCG shots way back in either 1969 or 1970. She lost some weight but then didn't keep it off. I just think since HCG has been around that long, if the success rate were really that good, there were no dangers involved, and people kept off the weight once they were off the diet, you wouldn't have to ask whether or not to try it. You don't have to ask whether or not to start something like Weight Watchers because it is proven to be safe. HCG is obviously still controversial after all these years. As for the testimonies for HCG, anyone can write one of those, and you can't trust all you read.
However, if is a personal choice if you want to try it, and I agree with Rg that you should not try this without consulting your doctor first.

Good luck!

Marci

rocky2010 responded:
ive tried the hcg diet and it worked for me i lost over 50 pounds in about a month in a half i really enjoyed losing the weight really fast but my dad didnt and begged me to stop and just go to the gym and eat better with him, so thats what i'am doing you can email me if you like or have any other questions about hcg id be glad to help! rocky_in_az@msn.com
-Success doesn't come to you--you go to it

rocky2010 replied to Marci320's response:
everything works diffrently for everyone weight watchers did nothing for me neither did nutrisystem or slim fast .. hcg is one of the only things that did, people need to actually research what they are putting into the body instead of jumping into to something over testimonies.
-Success doesn't come to you--you go to it

Marci320 replied to rocky2010's response:
Hey Rocky--good to see you! How are you doing? Well, I hope!

Happy Friday!

Marci

Spotlight: Member Stories

I AM58YRS.OLD,I WT.395LBS. IHAVE REALLY BAD KNEES,I HAVE TO GET SHOTS EVERY 6MTHS.I TRY TO WALK SOME EVERYDAY. I NEED ALL THE SUPPORT AND PRAYERS I CA...More

Helpful Tips

Warning: Ramblings
Had some good things happen this week that I wanted to share. Had 2 people I know tell me I look 10 years younger. I'm under 250 lbs. ... More
Was this Helpful?
19 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.