Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Subway?s Answer to Breakfast
Byroney_WebMD_Staff posted:
While eating meals out at fast food may not be in your plans, it's always good to know what choices are better ones when faced with an unexpected breakfast out. This week, Healthy Recipe Doctor Elaine Magee tackles Subway's New Breakfasts .

"Watch out Jack and Mickey D because Subway has branched out to breakfast sandwiches. You basically choose the bread and the filling, like you do at lunch, except breakfast-friendly options are featured."

I thought the fact that you can get veggies and egg whites can help you find a combination that is more in keeping with your meal plans. Has anyone here tried Subway's morning menu? What did you think?

Byroney
Pounds off since December 2009= 25lbs. At this rate, it will be years until I reach goal, so I hope you don't mind having me around for a spell.

jean4u responded:
Thanks for the info..

I like to make my own version at home. I like to use those bagel thins, egg whites and ham.

I keep hard boiled eggs on hand and use only the whites on the bagel thins.

Some spinach, a sprinkle of Mrs. Dash and red pepper and a tbs of lowfat cheese and a tsp of bacon (real) bits are nice, too.

Barb

P.S Since I have been on my journey I am eating breakfast on a regular basis and am always looking for new ideas.

Marci320 replied to jean4u's response:
When the Subway breakfasts first came out, I got a coupon for a free meal and tried the breakfast sandwich. It was fine, but like Barb I like the breakfasts I make at home better. However, I will say that I love having the option to eat breakfast (or lunch or dinner, for that matter) at Subway if I have to eat out for some reason.

Marci

P.S. I always love Barb's ideas. Still eating hard boiled eggs with hummus. Yum!

irisheyes213 responded:
I haven't tried the subway breakfast sandwiches. I don't really eat fast food breakfast but if the chance arises that is the place I would go before Mickey'D's or Burger King if time allows.
Never giving up and pushing forward will unlock all the potential we are capable of. ~Christy Borgeld http://www.3fatchicks.com/diet-blogs/irisheyes213/

rocky2010 responded:
i have tried to the subway breakfast sandwhiches and i love them because i can get egg whites on flatbread and add tons of veggies. At work on the weekend we used to always go and get breakfast burritos every sunday for the whole office now its subway!
-Success doesn't come to you--you go to it

chelseag48 responded:
I recently just discovered these as well. They actually taste a whole lot better than fast food breakfast sandwiches. I am a big "quick" eater and it is nice to have choices that are not 100% unhealthy. And with this discovery I also realized that egg whites are actually not all that bad...if you put them with something else. But trying to eat them plain is just awful :)

Chelsea

irisheyes213 replied to chelseag48's response:
I finally went int to subway today and the $5.00 sub of the month is double bacon, double cheese, with eggs so they do have offerings that can be "unhealthy" if we don't watch it. :)
Never giving up and pushing forward will unlock all the potential we are capable of. ~Christy Borgeld http://www.3fatchicks.com/diet-blogs/irisheyes213/

Marci320 replied to irisheyes213's response:
I didn't know Subway had such a dark side. That sandwich sounds more like it belongs at Burger King or McDonald's!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have been heavy since I was a child. I tried every professional weight loss idea that was out there, Weight watcher, Jenny Craig, Medifast, Optifast...More

Helpful Tips

Starbucks' Holiday Drink Help
"Nothing answers the cry of a cold morning during the holidays than a Starbucks Peppermint Mocha ." Find out what Nutritionist Elaine ... More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 30 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.