Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Pesto Plus
Byroney_WebMD_Staff posted:
Want to give your Pesto an Asian or Latin flare? Check out Chef Donenica Catelli's new Pesto Plus blog posting.

"One of my favorite additions to summer seasonings is a good pesto. The classic basic is made with fresh basil, a good quality extra virgin olive oil..., pine nuts, fresh garlic cloves, salt and quality Parmesan cheese. While this classic preparation is a sure thing, I want you to have some other options to spice up your meals from breakfast through dinner."

How do you use pesto? Do you have any favorite variations to share?

Byroney
Pounds off since December 2009= 30lbs. At this rate, it will be years until I reach goal, so I hope you don't mind having me around for a spell.

irisheyes213 responded:
I've made pesto with almonds or walnuts instead of pine nuts due to the cost. It is one of our favorite ways to enjoy pasta. I'm hoping to get some basil soon to make up a batch! Maybe in our CSA box ......
Never giving up and pushing forward will unlock all the potential we are capable of. ~Christy Borgeld

irisheyes213 responded:
Oh and I have also used half spinach, half basil in making pesto as well.
Never giving up and pushing forward will unlock all the potential we are capable of. ~Christy Borgeld

rocky2010 responded:
I make a Mexican style pesto for my southwest kick and to save some money"026 I use cilantro usually 3 bunches, pumpkin seeds without the shell of course, jalapeno cotija cheese , and enough olive oil to give it that nice paste like or you can also use chicken broth to make it healthier! I love grilled chicken mixed with white rice or Spanish rich or even brown rice and to add this pesto to it .. soooo good.
-Success doesn't come to you--you go to it

irisheyes213 replied to rocky2010's response:
That sounds yummy Rocky! Good to see you

Spotlight: Member Stories

My story is not so different from the rest All my life I've tried my best--to be the woman that everyone wanted me to be. Well, enough is enough, ...More

Helpful Tips

Starbucks' Holiday Drink Help
"Nothing answers the cry of a cold morning during the holidays than a Starbucks Peppermint Mocha ." Find out what Nutritionist Elaine ... More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 30 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.