Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Smoothie of the day...
irisheyes213 posted:
Smoothies are very refreshing this time of year and an easy breakfast when I don't feel like eating much.

Today's smoothie:

Almond milk
OJ
Raspberries
Blueberries
Frozen banana
Plain yogurt
Benefiber
Black strap molasses

Yumm!
Never giving up and pushing forward will unlock all the potential we are capable of.   ~Christy Borgeld

jean4u responded:
You are so right. That is the perfect way to get healthy carbs from fruit and fiber and the protein in a drink.

I use whey protein powder and frozen fruits. I even freeze the small yogurt cups for use in my smoothies. I add ground flax, also.

BTW, I freeze the fruit that I see is getting over-ripe in small baggies for future smoothies. Like you said, frozen bananas work well. Even pineapple works well.

I still have to branch out to the green smoothies.

Barb

irisheyes213 replied to jean4u's response:
Today's smoothie was the same but I actually tracked what I was putting in before I made it and decided to skip the molasses today just to make sure I can stay within my carb limit today.

4oz oj
4oz almond milk
1/2 cup plain yogurt
5 raspberries
10 blueberries
small frozen banana
1/2 serving of benefiber

Barb: I sometimes put flaxseed in as well but I don't really like the taste since I feel they taste like coffee grounds and I am not a fan of coffee. Green smoothies are good but you really need a good blender to make them work right. I really should pull out the food processor and leave it on the counter to add some greens to my smoothies since my immersion blender doesn't deal with the greens very well.
Never giving up and pushing forward will unlock all the potential we are capable of. ~Christy Borgeld

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello! I have had a problem with weight ever since I received treatment for an eating disorder 20 years ago at which time I weighed 115 lbs (I'm 5...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
52 of 70 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.