Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Zucchini Summer Casserole
Byroney_WebMD_Staff posted:
What's green and crunchy? No, it's not pine tree branches, it's "A Summer Casserole You Will Make Again and Again!" according to Elaine Magee. Follow the link to get the recipe.

Here are the nutritional stats once it's made:
Per serving: 181 calories, 11 g protein, 20 g carbohydrate, 6.5 g fat, 3.5 g saturated fat, 2 g monounsaturated fat, 1 g polyunsaturated fat, 73 mg cholesterol, 1.5 g fiber, 300 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 32 percent. Omega-3 fatty acids = .2 gram, Omega-6 fatty acids = .8 gram.

Has anyone made this or something close? It sounds tempting to me.

Byroney
Pounds off since December 2009= 30lbs. At this rate, it will be years until I reach goal, so I hope you don't mind having me around for a spell.

jean4u responded:
Hi By,

I could not access the casserole. Pls check it.

Barb

irisheyes213 replied to jean4u's response:
works on the words summer casserole now.

sounds yummy. wonder if almond milk would make much difference.
Never giving up and pushing forward will unlock all the potential we are capable of. ~Christy Borgeld

jean4u responded:
This sounds very good. I recently had my first taste of Panko and loved it.

Where do you find iPanko in the grocery stores?

I have heard of people using it to coat and bake chicken breasts. I think they have wheat Panko, too.

Barb

Byroney_WebMD_Staff replied to jean4u's response:
Jean, I've seen it by flour and breadcrumbs in my local store, but I suppose each store might have a different strategy for placement.

Glad the link is working now. I'm going to look at the price of zucchini this weekend when I shop, and if it's reasonable, I'll give this recipe a try.

Deb, I just tried almond milk for the first time last month, and was impressed how easy it substituted for milk in cold use. I haven't tried baking with it. Maybe they have a website or toll-free consumer line you could call and ask?

Byroney
Pounds off since December 2009= 30lbs. At this rate, it will be years until I reach goal, so I hope you don't mind having me around for a spell.

Jis4Judy responded:
Hi byroney
I used to make one like that only mine had no milk and I used mozzarella cheese in place of the sharp cheddar
I think mine also had sliced tomato in it
it was good and low cal I think no bread crumbs either more like a quish ( spelling not sure of )
Hugs Judy:)

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, I'm Jenai. Ive been married for 2 years and have a 10 year old son and a 10 year old step-son. I alwsys used to be very active in sports,but n...More

Helpful Tips

Starbucks' Holiday Drink Help
"Nothing answers the cry of a cold morning during the holidays than a Starbucks Peppermint Mocha ." Find out what Nutritionist Elaine ... More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 30 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.