Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
I gotta start somewhere
susiep1963 posted:
I should lose 130 pounds to be at an "ideal" weight, but I'm thinking if i could even lose 100 I would be so happy and so much more healthy. Maybe I would want to lose a bit more, but I would be really happy just getting to that point, it's my realistic goal. I'm diabetic and have sleep apnea and depression, along with some other minor things. I feel like all of it would be better, if not completely cured by losing this weight. I did lose around 30 in the past year, but not in a healthy way. I was not taking meds for my diabetes and under tons of stress and ended up in the ER one night with high blood sugar that I couldn't get down. Now I'm doing better at taking care of myself but I have gains about 7 pounds back. I have no friends nearby to exercise with me and encourage me, so that will be my hardest thing. I have some friends online who I think I can share my struggles with and get support.

susiep1963 responded:
Can a mod just delete this post for me please? It was a mistake to put it out there. Thanks.

jis4judy replied to susiep1963's response:
Hi Susie
welcome aboard this board is rather slow lately but it will pick up soon
the best way to remove weight is to focus on our eating habits and change them to healthier behaviors ...
If you want a post removed use the report this link and explain in the pop up screen why you want it removed
I hope you stick around
Hugs Judy:)

Byroney_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hello Susiep1963 and welcome!

Here's some Newcomer Tips you may want to look at. Is there a local support group you could join to help you? When you don't have family or friends to support you, getting as much other support as possible is important.

I had as much to lose as you did when you started. I'm breaking my weight loss into small chunks rather than feeling like I have such a large amount to lose, so my goal is 25lbs a year. So that does mean it will take 4-5 years to lose it all, but it took me a lot longer to put it all on, so that works for me.

Your doctor may be able to recommend a nutritionist to work with so you can work on weight loss and managing your diabetes. I've lost a bit over 30lbs now and my cholesterol dropped by 30 points, so you will be able to see positive results on your health if you keep at it.

If you feel that posting online is not for you, then you can follow Judy's suggestion and report your post.

In support,

Byroney
Pounds off since December 2009= 30lbs. At this rate, it will be years until I reach goal, so I hope you don't mind having me around for a spell.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have never been a tiny girl. I've always had curves, hips, boobs, and thighs. I don't want to be a stick figure but I would like to feel lik...More

Helpful Tips

Warning: Ramblings
Had some good things happen this week that I wanted to share. Had 2 people I know tell me I look 10 years younger. I'm under 250 lbs. ... More
Was this Helpful?
19 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.