Skip to content
Down for you til the end
Anon_228229 posted:
Hey everybody,

I'm 25 and pretty much grew up with my cousin whom is 24, had a heart attack by the age of 23.

She's well over 500+lbs, lost her father at a young age as well as other close family members. She is a beautiful person and I love her to death. We had a deep discussion yesterday and she went into how she's ready to make the changes she need so she can live life. Now I've lost 50lbs and still have a bit to go but for someone who has to lose the amount she needs to I want to make sure she's in it for the long run. She mentions how sometimes she gets so depressed and just eat, her surroundings doesn't help either....she's considered a small one....but I tried to tell her to start by making 1 good decision per day. Whether it be to make a better decision on food or to take a longer way around to get somewhere. I'm not a doctor, professional, or anything of that nature but she is under the watch of a doctor. She's reaching out to me because we've known each other for so long and she knows I can relate. My question is, since she doesn't have much access to the internet I just wanted to get feedback on each one of your journey's. I'm extremely supportive, motivating, non judgemental(who am I to do so?) and never over bearing. I just want her to live...which she's afraid she may not even see 35. That hurts me so because we're suppose to both get married and our kids grow up together like we did. I just want to know everyone's story whether you just began, in process, hit your goal...so I can show this to her and let her know she isn't alone and there are people just like her trying to make it. She knows she has to take it minute by minute, day by day and so forth. I just know she needs more than just me and her doctor.

Thank you for reading, I'm pretty sure there's something missing but when I think of it I'll post!

Anon_228229 responded:
Oh, she's also began to eliminate some of the people in her life that were bringing her down, plus she just got a job and began today(yay!) so that'll be some movement for her.

Spotlight: Member Stories

you guys already know me-i am so frustrated that so often this website wont let me post-i write and write and nothing!!!!!! and what is the deal with ...More

Helpful Tips

Warning: Ramblings
Had some good things happen this week that I wanted to share. Had 2 people I know tell me I look 10 years younger. I'm under 250 lbs. ... More
Was this Helpful?
19 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.