Skip to content
Pineapple-Palooza
Byroney_WebMD_Staff posted:
Chef Domenica Catelli has done it again! This time, she's sharing a pineapple salsa recipe in her Pineapple-Palooza.

In my area, pineapples are fairly inexpensive right now. Considering the heat, they could make a delicious treat, especially if cooled, added to water, or blended into a smoothie.

What's your favorite way to pineapple-palooza?

Byroney

Photo: EveryStockPhoto.com
Pounds off since December 2009= 30lbs. At this rate, it will be years until I reach goal, so I hope you don't mind having me around for a spell.

irisheyes213 responded:
Lately I have been enjoying the Chiquita snack slices and then adding the juice from the package to a glass of ice water. I got a bunch for free when they had a $1.00 off coupon and our local store had them on sale for a dollar. Can't beat free fruit. Plus for us it works since my DH doesn't really like pineapple.
Never giving up and pushing forward will unlock all the potential we are capable of. ~Christy Borgeld

Byroney_WebMD_Staff replied to irisheyes213's response:
Deb, that's a great idea about adding the juice to ice water. Congrats on your couponing score and getting a bunch free!

I like to put slices (especially the harder "core" pieces) into the slow cooker to give flavor to the meat.

Hope all is going well with you,

Byroney
Pounds off since December 2009= 30lbs. At this rate, it will be years until I reach goal, so I hope you don't mind having me around for a spell.

irisheyes213 replied to Byroney_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thanks Byroney

I am doing better. I had surgery earlier this month to figure out my abdominal pain so I'm still healing from that unfortunately. Hopefully I will be able to be back to walking/exercising in a week or so!
Never giving up and pushing forward will unlock all the potential we are capable of. ~Christy Borgeld

So glad to hear you're doing better, Deb. I'm sorry you needed to have surgery, but hope that it turns out to be worthwhile in the end.

I am sure you're looking forward to being able to exercise again. I know when I was injured, I missed it.

Thanks so much for posting--it's wonderful to see you back.

Byroney
Pounds off since December 2009= 35lbs. At this rate, it will be years until I reach goal, so I hope you don't mind having me around for a spell.

irisheyes213 replied to Byroney_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thanks Byroney! The dx really wasn't all that surprising. I am the proud owner of a double whammy of PCOS and endometriosis. Yay Me! Hopefully though what she did will help the reoccuring pain that I have been having between cycles. Fingers crossed!

Ugh, that's a nasty twin diagnosis to get. I sure hope it's the answer to that pain you've been having.

Cheering you on,

Byroney
Pounds off since December 2009= 35lbs. At this rate, it will be years until I reach goal, so I hope you don't mind having me around for a spell.

jean4u replied to irisheyes213's response:
DEB,

Sorry to hear about the "double whammy" DX your way. But at least, now you can get proper med. treatment.

The physical pain of coping w/endometriosis sends some to the ER for pain meds. So I really hope that you do get some relief from what your Dr. did. We can only try!

Good luck your way!

Glad to see you back posting, too.

Barb

irisheyes213 replied to jean4u's response:
Thanks Barb. I've known about the PCOS before so the endo was the blow that hurt. There really isn't any med treatment for endo that I can do other than pain meds as I don't want to pay the crazy amount for Lupron at the moment. I have been in the ER before with the pain as it has gotten bad a few times. I'm sort of worried a bit now though that I have a dx that if something else is wrong they won't investigate it thinking it is endo at some point in the future but there really is no point in borrowing trouble so I need to just stop fretting.

Hope that you are having a good week!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I weigh more than I ever have in my life. I am bewildered ( how did this happen?) and scared that I am so far gone I'll never be able to help myse...More

Helpful Tips

Starbucks' Holiday Drink Help
"Nothing answers the cry of a cold morning during the holidays than a Starbucks Peppermint Mocha ." Find out what Nutritionist Elaine ... More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 30 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.