Skip to content
Sleep More, Weigh Less Over the Long Term
Byroney_WebMD_Staff posted:
It make not make sense at first, but if you Sleep More , you'll weigh less over the long run. "The link between sleep and weight loss recently received a big boost: a long-term, large-scale study has confirmed that both too little sleep and too much sleep lead to weight gain."

How much sleep do you get?

Byroney
Pounds off since December 2009= 30lbs. At this rate, it will be years until I reach goal, so I hope you don't mind having me around for a spell.

ami_nix responded:
I have to admit there are days, ok- more days than not- that I don't get more than 4 or so hours a day but, I have a very good excuse: My son is 4 months old, teething and has his days and nights mixed up :) Hopefully, I'll get back to a normal amount of sleep soon!
"Don't worry that children never listen to you; worry that they are always watching you." - Robert Fulghum

Byroney_WebMD_Staff replied to ami_nix's response:
Awww! He's adorable. I sure hope those teeth comes in and you both get more sleep soon.

Byroney
Pounds off since December 2009= 30lbs. At this rate, it will be years until I reach goal, so I hope you don't mind having me around for a spell.

ami_nix replied to Byroney_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thank you! I hope so too.. he's such a sweet, happy baby.. I hate to see him in pain
"Don't worry that children never listen to you; worry that they are always watching you." - Robert Fulghum

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, I'm Jenai. Ive been married for 2 years and have a 10 year old son and a 10 year old step-son. I alwsys used to be very active in sports,but n...More

Helpful Tips

Warning: Ramblings
Had some good things happen this week that I wanted to share. Had 2 people I know tell me I look 10 years younger. I'm under 250 lbs. ... More
Was this Helpful?
19 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.