Skip to content
I need a strong support team!!!
noel_basnight posted:
Hello everyone,
I'm 27 and I'm obese! I have been in denial for years like I wasn't gaining weightt. I have let myself go to a weight I'm ashamed of!!! I'm taking my life back and getting on track to losing this weight!! Please anyone that has any tips or insight please share with me!! I'm very optimistic that I can lose this weight and get my old life back. I also have Poly cystic ovarian syndrome so I need to get this weight off so I can get myself healthy. Thanks Guys!!!

irisheyes213 responded:
Welcome to the board Noel! I have PCOS as well. It can be slow going for some of us with PCOS but not impossible. Do you take metformin?

You can do this!!
Never giving up and pushing forward will unlock all the potential we are capable of. ~Christy Borgeld

Byroney_WebMD_Staff responded:
Howdy Noel!

Deb (Irisheyes) is right, you can do this. Recognizing you're obese and need to lose weight is an important start. Have you talked this over with your doctor? Like Deb says, he or she may have some recommendations for you.

You may want to check out our Newcomer Tips , too.

Byroney
Pounds off since December 2009= 35lbs. At this rate, it will be years until I reach goal, so I hope you don't mind having me around for a spell.

Susan_1982 responded:
Hi Noel,
I'll be 29 next month and I'm 132 pounds overweight. I'm a mother of a 10 month old boy. I have had PCO since I ever remember and never actually did anything about it. I had to take several medications to be able to get pregnant and it was only then I realized I should have done something about it earlier. Looking at myself in the mirror a few days back I decided that this isn't how i wanted to look like in my son's first birthday pics so I decided to do something about it.
I came across a product called mini gastric bypass formula and I just received it today and will mark tomorrow as the first day of challenge against these fats that have accumulated over the years. I would love to join you in your "Let's get our lives back" approach, you have my full support and I will keep a constant update about my journey.

Susan

--- Today I'm 28 years and 11 months. I'm 5'5 and I weigh 269 lbs. My target weight is 132lbs

Rgulen responded:
Hi Noel,

I wanted to add my welcome to the board. You wrote that you are optimistic about getting back on track. So how are your first few days going.

When I started first started, the moderator had us set 3 goals for the first week. Then each week you add one more goal to your list. Think of these goals as BABY steps on your road to healthier lifestyle. Some of the goals should be healthier things that you want to do more of. Others should bad habits that you want to do less of and then eventually eliminate.

Keep us posted of your progress.

Rg

Rgulen replied to Susan_1982's response:
Hi Susan,

Welcome to our board. I am not familiar with the product that you plan to use; but, am looking forward to reading your progress.

Rg

Susan_1982 replied to Rgulen's response:
Hi Everyone, Hi Rgulen,

I have started my first day to day and boy it was a rough start. I woke up this morning on the aroma of fresh baked cake in our house. My mom apparently tried to talk me out of this diet idea (not very supportive) , honestly i hesitated for a minute but I hung on and continued the day.

Day one has passed and I'm happy I made it through the first day. Wish me lots of luck against the temptations I face.

Susan

jean4u replied to Susan_1982's response:
Susan,

Good for you to resist that cake. Some of us don't have alot of support in our homes and that is why these boards are so important in getting started, staying on track and getting back to it when we make a slip.

You are worth this.

Barb

jean4u replied to Rgulen's response:
Hi Rg,

Read about your tech-prob but good to see you back posting.

Barb

jean4u responded:
Noel,

I think you have found a very supportive place!

Barb

Rgulen replied to Susan_1982's response:
Hi Susan,

Adopting changes that take us down the road to healthier lifestyle habits is tough. Tougher when you don't have the full support with your family or friends.

But you can make the changes; by taking one step at a time, one day at a time.

Rg

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, My name is Pat and I have been pleasantly plump all my life. I can't remember ever being smaller than a size 12. My mom says I blossomed at th...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
52 of 70 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.