Skip to content
September Goals!
irisheyes213 posted:
Wow we are already at a new month!! Yikes. What do you want to accomplish in the next 30 days?
Never giving up and pushing forward will unlock all the potential we are capable of. ~Christy Borgeld

irisheyes213 responded:
This year is flying by. July 1st weight was 246. August 5th weight was 245. Sept 1st weight 244. Very slow going right now but I'm starting to get back to normal since I am 3 weeks out from my diagnostic lap.

Goals for August were fairly simple:

Take a multivitamin each day--- Did really well at the beginning of the month, hit or miss in the later half
Drink plenty of water--- Drank 8 glasses at least 95% of the time
Finish Continuing Ed--- Done
Use veggies from CSA--- Did alright with this but we did toss some

Goals for September:

Take multivitamin every day with dinner and log it

Get to the gym 4 times this month

Log freggies each day in September

Get all paperwork to the office this month

Have a healthy month!!
Never giving up and pushing forward will unlock all the potential we are capable of. ~Christy Borgeld

Byroney_WebMD_Staff responded:
Those look like good goals, Deb. Congrats on your weight coming down in spite of the surgery.

I'm still walking about 2 1/2 miles a day, seven days a week. I'd like to start working out with the Gazelle, because bad weather will be here soon and it'll be harder to walk.

I'm seeing a rheumatologist for the first time ever at the end of this month for my fibromyalgia/chronic fatigue and arthritis. I hope to learn more from him about what exercises would be best.

Just started seeing a chiropractor again after about a decade away, so I'd like to continue that. It seems to help my back.

So, I'm borrowing your bullhorns Deb:

Start Gazelle

Talk to rheumatologist

Keep up with chiropractor

Who's next?

Byroney
Pounds off since December 2009= 35lbs. At this rate, it will be years until I reach goal, so I hope you don't mind having me around for a spell.

justmejust replied to Byroney_WebMD_Staff's response:
Prepare for well woman health checkup

Be aware of good oral hygiene

Keep with my health plan of daily walk

Keep with my healthy food plan of vegetables, fruits, whole grains, and lean protein

Rgulen replied to justmejust's response:
My goals for September:

Move more. I started a Jazzercise class a couple of weeks ago. I have also signed up for an additional Jazzercise "personal touch" class for 3 Wednesday evenings. Plus work has a health challenge going on; so I need to average 5K steps per day.
Eat the veggies and ready-made sides that I buy each week at the Farmers' Market. Keep laptop battery or wireless keyboard charged so that I can log my daily rainbow and be accountable to these goals.

Get back on the scale; see if I am still in my five pound range from July 2009.

Since I have become my own cleaning lady again; I have only kept up with the Kitchen each day. I need to work out a routine that allows me to run through all of the areas of the house throughout the week/month (based upon frequency of use).

Rg

jean4u responded:
GOALS!

Yes I do need some. I feel like I am slowly slipping back and it is feeling scary.

SEPTEMBER GOALS:

Get bike fixed AND ride it.

Less carbs and more veggies.

Clear some clutter.

I think three is all I can focus on.

Barb

msjazmine replied to jean4u's response:
Hi all. I am new here! I weigh 475lbs and I feel every bit of it. I recently had a diabetic episode causing me to be in the hosptial two weeks! So not cool!...
My goals:
  1. Write down food in Journal every day!
  2. Use pedal and exerciser machine 30 minues for five days
  3. Keep bedroom & CAR clear of Junk!

irisheyes213 replied to msjazmine's response:
Welcome to the board Jennie. We hope you find what you are looking for here!

Just jump on in!
Deb

Spotlight: Member Stories

Im 22 i havent always been over weight .... after i had kids it has went down hill. I have 3 kids and im very active but im an emotionaly eatter.I wei...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
52 of 70 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.