Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Rainbows/Journals 09/04 - 09/10
Rgulen posted:
Hi again everyone,

I am so excited with this morning's temperature that I have every window open and am sipping team on my patio. I am sure the temps will increase in an hour or so; but for now I am loving my file. I am going to try to get back on track with . . . well tracking.

Join us in posting whatever you want accountability on for the week. Ideas are:
-Food journals
-Water intake
-Exercise
-Freggie intake/Rainbow
-Calories/points/carbs/fat grams/protein grams
-Challenge goals

Rg

Rgulen responded:
Sunday

This is the day that we ride bikes to a cafe for breakfast. This week was a cafe that had cappuccino (life is too short to drink bad coffee), 1/2 whole wheat waffle and 1/2 torta with pulled pork, egg, salsa, etc.

Lunch was a green salad and Chicken tikka from prior week's Farmer's market.

For dinner I broiled a whole Flounder, rubbed with a bit of olive oli and salted, that I purchased at the farmer's market. For dessert, baked pears with a bit of cream and a fresh fig stuffed with a bit of goat cheese.

Rg

Rgulen replied to Rgulen's response:
Monday / Labor Day

Since both my DH and I had the day off, we went for a challenging bike ride on a path that has hills (Houston is FLAT) built in. We came home and split savory 2 savory turnovers from Farmer's Market and hot tea.

Knowing that we are going out to dinner; lunch was fresh crumpets with orange marmalade. Fresh fruit. I also took dip in neighbor's pool.

Dinner was belated b-day celebration for Mom, hubby and myself. I had stuffed salmon with mashed potatoes, green beans and a few shaved carrots. I did partake of birthday creme brulee as well.

Rg

Rgulen replied to Rgulen's response:
Tuesday

Breakfast had left over crumpets and baked pears from yesterday.

Lunch has "green" chicken salad from the farmer's market (think chicken with olive oil, basil, garlic instead of mayo), sauteed eggplant with cherry tomatoes and brown rice and beans.

Dinner was blood orange margaritas, grilled fish tacos, crawfish hush puppies, chorizo empanadas. Last meal out FOREVER as I have been having dinner out too many occasions.

Rg

irisheyes213 replied to Rgulen's response:
Oh my goodness Rg, my husband would be so jealous of your Tuesday night dinner except for the margarita part... that would be mine

I've had technical difficulties so I have been logging as I planned. I missed one day with my vitamin but even brought it with me to a bbq to take with my dinner. As the temps have dropped, my water intake has gone from fab to bad. Need to pick that up again. Working upstairs doesn't help much either but since I want to work upstairs I need to figure that out. I still should be able to get my water in throughout the day wherever I am in the house. I did take a bottle of water with me this morning so that I could get a head start on the day while I was driving but I am still lagging at 6pm here. Veggie intake was good yesterday but poor the rest of the week before that. Even yesterday, while I got in over 6 servings, I drank too many of my servings for my liking. I need to just stay focused on it and I will be able to get it back to where it was. It doesn't help that DH is on a freggie restricted diet this week but yesterday I did make a salad to eat with the veggie free dinner I had to cook for him.

Have a healthy Thursday!
Never giving up and pushing forward will unlock all the potential we are capable of. ~Christy Borgeld

Rgulen replied to irisheyes213's response:
Wednesday

breakfast:leftover crumpets with olive paste and orange marmalade, greek yogurt with raspberries and banana

lunch: Indian lentil paratha from the farmer's market (basically flat bread with mashed lentils and lots of spice) and green apple chutney. Dark chocolate

dinner: one lamb and one spinach samosa, dates, raspberries

Rg

Wednesday

Water: 88oz

Multivitamin taken and logged as well as a calcium. 6 servings of freggies. No extra movement.
Never giving up and pushing forward will unlock all the potential we are capable of. ~Christy Borgeld

Thursday

breakfast was granola with almond milk and fresh raspberries

lunch: leftover brown rice and aduki beans with mushroom chicken from the Indian vendor at Farmer's marekt.

dinner was nibbles of pimento cheese, feta cheese, pate, orange marmalade, olive paste, sweet heat pickles and fresh made sourdough bread.

Rg

Thursday: water not so hot, Freggies okay but again, drank more than ate of them. I walked a bunch for my appointments taking advantage of the proximity of the other places I needed to see so I had over 40 minutes of extra walking in for the day plus once home, several trips up/down stairs to help DH. Took multi and calcium so good there!

Friday: Again, water not great. Freggies weren't great either as it is was a rough day. Several trips up/down stairs to help DH but not a lot of extra walking in. Took multi and calcium.

Today is off to a better start. Already had some freggies and half of my water for the day plus took calcium with breakfast so now it is time to just get some work finished. I have a Tastefully Simple party today so not going to fret over the calories that I will be consuming but I will limit myself to one glass of wine.

Friday

I don't recall Friday at this time

Saturday

breakfast: selection of goat cheeses from farmers' market, preserves, fresh squeezed o j,

lunch: fresh greens salad with cherry tomatoes and sesame seeds with salmon burger

dinner: cold cucumber soup and crumpets topped with eggplant salad with side of pate

Followed by a short walk to store from that sells gelato in my neighborhood.

Rg

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me now = 277 lbs. My goal = 150-160 lbs. Weight to lose 117-127 lbs. It's not an exact science. The reality is that I want to be fit and healthy....More

Helpful Tips

Starbucks' Holiday Drink Help
"Nothing answers the cry of a cold morning during the holidays than a Starbucks Peppermint Mocha ." Find out what Nutritionist Elaine ... More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 30 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.