Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Hello Again
Marci320 posted:
Well, I tried to reply to September goals and that didn't work so I'm hoping this new discussion will work.

Haven't been around here for a while, and I really don't want to talk about why, or how I am. For now, I just want to start again today.

My goals for September are to stick to my eating plan, journal my food, exercise some every day, and be encouraged by everyone here.

I've missed y'all and hope everyone is well.

Marci

Jis4Judy responded:
Hi Marci nice to see you back this board was so slow while you were gone
Hugs Judy:)

Rgulen responded:
Hi Marci,

Feel free to share as much or as little as you want Marci. I can't cast stones; I have been AWOL myself.

I am thankful to have you back on our board and am looking forward to reading your future posts.

Rg

jean4u responded:
Marci,

Just nice to see you back. Some of my postings don't take and I hate when I got to recompose.

Good that your discussion took, though.

Sharing a friendly wave and smile...no words needed.

Barb

Byroney_WebMD_Staff responded:
Welcome back, Marci!

Thank you for sharing your goals with us. I'm ready to encourage you and everyone else as we head toward the Fall.

Please let me know if you notice any further posting problems and we can get that sorted out.

Hope everyone has a good weekend,

Byroney
Pounds off since December 2009= 35lbs. At this rate, it will be years until I reach goal, so I hope you don't mind having me around for a spell.

Marci320 replied to Byroney_WebMD_Staff's response:
Okay, now that I complained that I couldn't reply, I can reply. LOL

So, I'll say it again. Thanks so much for the welcome back. I keep up with Rg and Deb by email off the board, and Judy on Facebook, but it isn't the same as being on here and sharing triumphs and disappointments. I hope to get back to where I can help others too.

My first day back went well. Someone brought me cookies, which I did eat, and I didn't eat my planned dinner, but did better than I usually do, took a short walk, and felt good about the day.

By the way, off topic here, but my son was talking about how great it would be to have a Packers/Patriots Superbowl. Whaddya think Judy?

Hope everyone has a great weekend and, again, it is great to be back!

Marci

Jis4Judy replied to Marci320's response:
Oh Marci we had one a few years back Pats vs Packers
and the Packers won darn it ...maybe another one would be great I just hope my Pats don;t fall apart in post season again ..and accually make it to the super bowl .. we have to wait and see what develops because any given Sunday any of the NFL teams are capable of winning ..

I am doing great weight wise though my nutrition quest is paying benifits with better health stumping my doctors ..
Glad to see you back Oh facebook is crazy too much political talk going on ..I love the support of these boards
Hugs Judy:)

irisheyes213 replied to Jis4Judy's response:
Welcome back Marci!
Never giving up and pushing forward will unlock all the potential we are capable of. ~Christy Borgeld

Marci320 replied to irisheyes213's response:
Happy Tuesday! Not sure what happened to Monday.

Just checking in. Did horribly over the weekend with food, but now have a challenge that may help. With all the hormones I'm taking I have been craving sugar, which has been a major problem. So last night in choir one of the women asked for prayer because she is a dessert/chocolate lover and her doctor has restricted her from eating any sweets for the next 30 days. Instead of just praying for her, most of the women in the choir (including me) decided to do this with her. So this is Day 1 without sugar and I'm hoping that I can follow through to the bitter end!

I really just wish I could get back to normal with the way I feel. though I've tried to add some activities back into my life and it is exhausting me but I don't want to just sit home. So frustrating!

How is everyone else doing? Did you make it through 9/11 without crying your eyes out? I sure didn't!

Hope everyone is having a great and successful week so far.

Marci

Byroney_WebMD_Staff replied to Marci320's response:
Happy Wednesday! I lost track of Tuesday. Maybe it's off having a good time with Marci's Monday?

I watched a number of 9/11 specials. I was very much moved by the one with the two Port Authority men who kept saving people and helping them get out, even though they knew it meant their chances of escape were almost none. So many heroic stories out there.

The weather is still good, so I'm able to keep walking. I keep looking at my Gazelle and thinking I should get started on that to make up for the walking I won't be able to do when the bad weather hits. But it hasn't happened yet. I put it on my list of things to do this weekend, so we'll see.

How's everyone else?

Byroney
Pounds off since December 2009= 35lbs. At this rate, it will be years until I reach goal, so I hope you don't mind having me around for a spell.

Marci320 replied to Byroney_WebMD_Staff's response:
Oh, I watched that one Byroney. Heroes of the 88th Floor, I think it was. I couldn't believe how many people they saved and then perished themselves!

I'm sick today. Either allergies or cold and all I want to do is go home and crawl into bed! At least my bed is far away from the kitchen. I'm sipping some hot green tea and waiting for someone to come in so I can leave.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Marci

irisheyes213 replied to Marci320's response:
I didn't watch much on Sunday because we went to a small town parade/bbq but I did watch that 102 minutes that changed America on A & E/History channels. Holy Cow. The panic returned for me and it was very emotional but it was good to watch it. Maybe someday I can watch it again without the panic. It's amazing how so many things have changed while others haven't. One of the 9/11 memories that is burned in my brain is the rush on the gas stations in the area that we lived in at that time. We were so upset that gas went up to $1.89/gallon yet today we are paying $3.89 and that is down because the summer rush is over. Anyhow, hope everyone is having a healthy week!
Never giving up and pushing forward will unlock all the potential we are capable of. ~Christy Borgeld

Spotlight: Member Stories

Here's my story! I am a 45 year old married mom & grandma. I have struggled with my weight my entire life. I grew up in Northern California w...More

Helpful Tips

Starbucks' Holiday Drink Help
"Nothing answers the cry of a cold morning during the holidays than a Starbucks Peppermint Mocha ." Find out what Nutritionist Elaine ... More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 30 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.