Skip to content
Rainbows/Journals 09/11 - 09/17
Rgulen posted:
The final full week of sumer is upon us. Its amazing how a change in geography (Bostonian turns Houstonian) changes one's perspective of Falls's arrival. I will admit to wishing time to fly and the arrival of less hot temperatures and the joy of freely going outside. I know that many on the board are polar opposites.

I am going ok with tracking; but I have not really reached point where I am holding myself "accountable". Baby steps, right????

Join us in posting whatever you want accountability on for the week. Ideas are:
-Food journals
-Water intake
-Exercise
-Freggie intake/Rainbow
-Calories/points/carbs/fat grams/protein grams
-Challenge goals

Rg

Rgulen responded:
Sunday

This is the day of the week that I pedal my bike during the early morning hours around Houston and have breakfast with my neighbors. I split French toast and eggs with one of my pedal buddies. Oh yeah, lots of water and a cappuccino.

Lunch was apparently totally unmemorable as I cannot recall a thing that I ate. This is why I need to get back in the habit of tracking and mentally holding myself accountable to keeping good records.

Dinner was some fresh bread from oven followed by a lack bean tamale.

In addition to the bike ride. I attended Jazzercise class.

Rg

Rgulen replied to Rgulen's response:
Monday

breakfast was a creamy rice cereal cooked with almond milk, blueberries, 1/2 banana, ground flax seed, local honey and lots of breakfasty spices.

lunch was two black bean tamales, some lowfat sour cream, fresh dates, sparkling water with sour cherry juice

dinner: bread, chicken salad from Farmers Market (made with pesto ingredients instead of mayo), olive paste, more sparkling water and sour cherry juice.

Rg

Marci320 responded:
I've missed your meal plans, Rg. I always think of you as an Ina Garten type (Barefoot Contessa on Food Network), who I think is quietly elegant, eating your meals on an impeccably set table. And you are always eating outdoors. I see you in a beach setting on the east coast. That's just where your meals take me!

Marci

Rgulen replied to Marci320's response:
I will admit to treating myself to cut flowers while shopping at the Farmer's Market on Saturdays, Marci. They just make me feel lighter when I gaze upon them. Boy do I wish that I could afford to live on the coast where I could hear the surf.

Tuesday

breakfast: 7 grain cereal cooked with almond milk, 1/2 banana, blueberries, ground flax, local honey, etc.

lunch: more homemade sourdough bread with the "pesto" chicken salad and olive paste, handful of small roma tomatoes, fresh dates

snack attack: for some inexplicable reason, I needed hot brownie out of the oven . . .

dinner: leftover sauteed greens & yellow squash with ground goat meat (bought for hubby at Farmer's Market).

Wednesday

breakfast: steel cut oats cooked in almond milk with blueberries, etc.

lunch: met colleague for lunch at Mexican Restaurant. I did not go crazy on the chips (probably because they were not hot as opposed to any display of willpower), and 3 Amigos (one chicken fajita, beef fajita and shrimp soft tacos. I ate the black charro beans. I even order water when I sort of craved a Dr Pepper.

dinner: spinach tamale with goat cheese and green teas

Wednesday is Jazzercise personal touch (think strength training set to music) class. I almost got in 5k steps.....

Rg

Marci320 replied to Rgulen's response:
I love fresh cut flowers but don't buy them much anymore. Long ago when I was about 19 and living in Hollywood, a friend from work who was probably 10 years older than me would take me every Saturday morning to downtown L.A.'s flower district where they delivered flowers to be picked up by flower shops. We would get bunches of flowers dirt cheap and they really brightened up my week.

Good job with your eating--especially at the Mexican restaurant. It is really easy to mindlessly eat those chips they bring to the table, even if they weren't all that good.

Great that you are exercising too. Maybe you will inspire me!

Marci

Rgulen replied to Marci320's response:
How odd that today my iPad keyboard works on the boards. If it continues to allow me to type, then I should do better posting regularly.

Thursday

Breakfast was steel cut oats cooked in almond milk, fresh blueberries, local honey, nuts, etc

Lunch is a took distant memory to enter here. I went to Jazzercise class after work.

Dinner was late and something quick

Friday Today was our 16th wedding anniversary. We ate out soooooooo much recentky that to told Hubby that I did not want to eat out for this too.

I could not sleep; so I actually got up and took a 3 mile walk to start the day. Breakfast was creamy rice cereal with raspberries, blueberries and the rest.

I went to Whole Foods to pick up a few things and had a corn bread muffin and chicken enchilada while there.

I had picked up fresh fish and quinoa to have for dinner; but I had 50 carrot cake cup cakes to make (from scratch) for Matilda Jean's first birthday on Saturday. So Hubby and I snacked on healthy stuff around the house while sipping proseco. We did walk to gelato place as a treat.

I walked over 16k steps today!

Rg

Rgulen replied to Rgulen's response:
Saturday

This the first Saturday in a bit that breakfast was not from the Farmer's Market bounty. Today is the first Birthday of my neighbor's daughter. Breakfast was tacos, hot team, chicken salad on fresh tomato slices, and oh yeah those carrot cake with cream cheese/goat cheese frosting cupcakes that I made on Friday.

The birthday party was a more like a brunch; so the test above was both meals this week.

I hate to admit that dinner was more of the same . . . breakfast tacos and cupcake.....

Rg

Spotlight: Member Stories

Ok here is my story, thirty years ago I weighed 170 lbs at 5'10" age 20. In 1990 I left the military and at the time weighed about 190 lbs. T...More

Helpful Tips

Warning: Ramblings
Had some good things happen this week that I wanted to share. Had 2 people I know tell me I look 10 years younger. I'm under 250 lbs. ... More
Was this Helpful?
19 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.