Skip to content
Rainbows/Journals 09/18 - 09/24
Rgulen posted:

This Friday is the Autumn Equinox; I am desperately seeking signs of the new Season. There is still plenty of opportunity to improve my tracking; yet this is a new week and I start here again with a clean slate.

Join us in posting whatever you want accountability on for the week. Ideas are:
-Food journals
-Water intake
-Exercise
-Freggie intake/Rainbow
-Calories/points/carbs/fat grams/protein grams
-Challenge goals

Rg

Marci320 responded:
We have hot weather here again too, Rg. Come on, Autumn!!

I'm starting the week (9/19 rather than 9/18) with new resolve. I was sick and in a funk all last week and have snapped out of it. Got up early and exercised, ate a healthy breakfast, prepared meals for the week, and hopefully will be able to have one successful day, at least!

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Marci

Rgulen replied to Marci320's response:
I am SO over hot weather, Maric; it is sort of scary when 84 feels like a cold front! We did get light rain over the weekend; not nearly enough to make a dent in drought conditions; but mood lifting.

Sunday

Breakfast: for the first time in FOREVER I did not ride my bike to breakfast because we were having light rain. I did grab a latte at a new coffee shop in the neighborhood. Went to a breakfast place with neighbor and split scrambled eggs, french toast, bacon and sausage.

lunch: zucchini pancake, hatch chili, goat yogurt.

dinner: went to Tapas place and shared small plates of meatballs, fried smelt, roasted beets, artichoke dip, salad, beef empanadas and bottle of wine. Split out bread pudding

Did go to Jazzercise class

Rg

Rgulen replied to Rgulen's response:
Monday

breakfast: steel cut oats cooked in almond milk, fresh strawberries and 1/2 banana, spices and local honey

lunch: stew made by Hubby last week, summer squash, greens, tomato, ground goat. Two carrot cake cup cakes with cream cheese frosting

dinner: cheese biscuits, Farmer's Market Pimento cheese, 1 veggie ad 1 spinach & cheese samosa, fresh figs. Dark chocolate

I went to Jazzercise class as well.

Rg

Marci320 replied to Rgulen's response:
Again, Rg, love your food journals! Ground goat!

Breakfast: egg whites, scallions, FF cheddar cheese, slice wheat toast and LF margarine

Lunch: Sandwich w/2% American cheese, roasted turkey, LF mayo and tomato; carrots, celery, radishes

Dinner: Leftover pasta and enchilada soup (both LF and had a little of each); cauliflower; cantaloupe

Snacks: 0% Fage Yogurt w/Honey; cantaloupe; SF pudding

Did a walking tape for exercise, and choir rehearsal.

One day down!

Marci

Tuesday

breakfast: creamy rice cereal cooked in almond milk served with blackberries and 1/2 banana, local honey, ground flax & spices

lunch: I seriously considered going to McDonalds for lunch. I did not give into temptation and finished left over stew that I had for yesterday's lunch. I did go out for a latte and oatmeal thumbprint cookie.

dinner: same last night. Snackaed on pimento cheese, cheese biscut cheese, etc. Carrot Cake cupcake with goat cheese frosting.

I intended to go to Jazzercise; but, work was hectic and I was stilll store from yesterday.

Rg

I forgot that Monday morning I also had half a glass of FF milk with breakfast.

Tuesday:

Breakfast: Oatmeal made w/Almond Breeze, Fiber One, flax seeds, slivered almonds, and a splash of FF Hazelnut creamer

Lunch: Sandwich w/2% American cheese, roasted turkey, LF mayo and tomato; carrots, celery, radishes

Dinner: Caesar salad w/croutons, corn, olives, LF dressing; small baked potato w/LF margarine, LF cheese, scallions, and broccoli

Snacks: Nectarine, 0% Fage Yogurt w/Honey and SF pudding

Exercise: Way too busy--did choir rehearsal which was alot of movement though.

Wednesday

breakfast: 7 grain cereal cooked with almond milk and served with 1/2 banana, blackberries, ground flax seed, pecans and spices. I never put the hot tea that I drink with my cereal

lunch: today was hectic and I ended up with a run to the evil empire of Mcdonalds and got the quarter pounder meal. I guess I was feeling like a reall bad girl because I had dr pepper instead of water.

dinner: grilled 1/2 fish and salad. Watermelon blended into juice. dark chocolate with hazelnuts.

attended Jazzercise strength training class

Rg

Breakfast: egg whites, scallions, FF cheddar cheese, slice wheat toast and LF margarine; 1/2 glass FF milk

Dinner: Leftover LF pasta w/ broccoli and cauliflower

Snacks: Nectarine, SF hot chocolate, 0% Fage Yogurt w/Honey and SF pudding

Exercise: Had another busy day, eating on the run and no time for exercise. Need to fix that!

Thursday

breakfast: fried egg, fresh tomatoes, goat gouda and olive paste on wasa crackers

lunch: met co-worker for lunch who was in town in expectantly had small fresh greens salad and quiche lorraine. I succumbed to strawberry napoleon for dessert.

went to Jazzercise class

dinner: one vegetable and one spinach samosa with green apple chutney. I added a few cheese biscuits with pimento cheese spread. Evening chocolate treat.

Rg

Breakfast: Oatmeal made w/soy milk, Fiber One, flax seeds, slivered almonds, and a splash of FF Hazelnut creamer

Dinner: Salmon w/mango peach salsa, broccoli, cauliflower, brown rice w/margarine and Parmesan cheese. Still hungry so had a few bites of leftover pasta and enchilada soup.

Snacks: 0% Fage Yogurt w/Honey and SF pudding

Exercise: Allergies kicked up so I've been taking Benadryl and am resting so I can enjoy my weekend.

Friday

Breakfast: rolled oats cooked in almond milk, walnuts, 1/2 banana, ground flax, local honey, spices.

Lunch: I finished up some leftovers

Dinner: munchies at neighborhood Texas hold'em game

Saturday

Rode bike to coffee shop with hubby.

Breakfast: fresh brewed herbal tea 1/2 scone and 1/2 pain raisin.

Rode bike back home and headed off to buy shoes for Jazzercise class, leg weights and body fat test. Quick trip to Farmer's Market to buy what I could for week.

Lunch: Pimento cheese on one and pate on another wasa

Rgulen replied to Rgulen's response:
Sorry posted before I was done

Dinner: beef stew meat added to veggie dish hubby made earlier in week & quinoa.

Waked with hubby to gelato cafe.

Rg

Breakfast: egg whites, scallions, FF cheddar cheese, slice wheat toast and LF margarine; 1/2 glass FF milk

Lunch: Sandwich w/2% American cheese, LF mayo and tomato; carrots, celery, radishes

Dinner: Brown rice w/veggies--onions and mushrooms mixed w/low sodium cream of mushroom soup; broccoli, cauliflower

Snacks: Athenos Greek & Honey yogurt; SF pudding

Exercise: Allergies turned out to be a cold. Came home, ate, and went to bed.

Marci320 replied to Marci320's response:
Saturday:

Breakfast: Went out and had plain bagel w/LF cream cheese and a small skinny mocha

Lunch: 0% Fage Greek Yogurt w/Honey; broccoli and cauliflower

Dinner: Egg whites w/cheese and scallions; 2 slices toast w/LF margarine

Snack: SF pudding and 100 calorie popcorn

Exercise: Food pantry volunteer work and choir. Still sick.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My story is not so different from the rest All my life I've tried my best--to be the woman that everyone wanted me to be. Well, enough is enough, ...More

Helpful Tips

Starbucks' Holiday Drink Help
"Nothing answers the cry of a cold morning during the holidays than a Starbucks Peppermint Mocha ." Find out what Nutritionist Elaine ... More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 30 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.