Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Strategies for Holiday Eating
Byroney_WebMD_Staff posted:
I was just mentioning this to Deb--weight gain over the Holidays. The Real Life Nutrition bloggers must have seen our discussion, because they just posted Strategies for Holiday Eating .

"First, there comes the pre-holiday "I'm heading home and I have to look good" motivation. You diet in earnest. Then, after that much-anticipated run-in with your high school sweetheart, or equally important, your old arch- nemesis, you're ready for non-stop feasting. Food comas blur together, and finally you arrive at the super restrictive "this is the year!" New Year's resolution. Any of this sound familiar? Yo-yo-ing at its finest. The downside is that this type of dieting impacts your metabolism and all sorts of weight regulating hormones, which in turn hurts your chances of real weight loss." Follow the link to read the tips and strategies.

What problems do the Holidays pose for you? Do you have any coping tips to share?

Byroney
Pounds off since December 2009= 37lbs. At this rate, it will be years until I reach goal, so I hope you don't mind having me around for a spell.

_kittykat responded:
Hello I am new to this community. Congrats for the weight loss even if it is slower than you had hoped. I have been working on my weight for about 18 months now and have lost 70 lbs so far.

Byroney_WebMD_Staff replied to _kittykat's response:
Congratulations _Kittykat!

What things do you think have help you most with your weight loss?

Thanks for sharing,

Byroney
Pounds off since December 2009= 37lbs. At this rate, it will be years until I reach goal, so I hope you don't mind having me around for a spell.

Spotlight: Member Stories

this is it! No more denial but actually being completely honest about my fat journey in life! I had to find out what I way in lbs and not kg - 313 lbs...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
52 of 70 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.