Skip to content
New Here
PinkJenn1333 posted:
Hi there everyone. I'm new here. And, as many of you, I've tried and tried to lose weight. Though, probably not as hard as I could at times. I lost approx 50 lbs last year, but can't seem to keep it going and sadly, the scale is climbing once again. I'm tired of being disappointed in myself. I'm tired of failing myself and most of all, I'm tired of holding myself and my husband back from the life we deserve.

I've struggled with weight my entire life. I have always been the "fat kid". I don't want to be that anymore. It's holding me back from having children, which is horrid. But, at the same time, I can't seem to stop eating.

I've thought about weight loss surgery. But I just don't feel like it's right for me. I want to do this on my own, MY way. I know that I CAN do it, it's just a matter of making myself.

Anyway, I'm here....I hope to get some support and understanding and maybe some motivation....Thanks!!!

- Jenn
26 yrs old, 285 lbs, 5'7" tall

Rgulen responded:
Hi Jenn,

Welcome to our board.

We have members who follow all types of meal plans and exercise routines. The theme we have in common is to find healthier habits that we can do for life and reduce unhealthy habits.

Small steps will accumulate long-term results.

Rg

distant_horizon responded:
Hi Jenn,
Welcome! I am in the same boat you are, only I can't say I've ever lost 50 lbs! I am turning 28 pretty quick, and currently weigh 283. I was down to 280, but have gained a little back. And I know I've slipped up a little a lot this week, but I'll just have to get back on track. What do you think are your biggest challenges? When I started, I made a list of my biggest challenges and a list of small changes. I look at it every day to remind myself, and also to keep in mind why I'm doing this. Like Rg pointed out, small changes can have a big effect! My next step is to start a fitness journal and start logging not only foods, but my exercise and mood as well. Hope to see you on here!

Byroney_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hello Jenn!

I just wanted to add my welcome to Rg and Distant Horizon's. Although it can get quiet here at times, everyone is very supportive and understanding.

Our Newcomer Tips may have some helpful suggestions for you. Keep us update and let us know how you're doing.

We're cheering you on!

Byroney
Pounds off since December 2009= 37lbs. At this rate, it will be years until I reach goal, so I hope you don't mind having me around for a spell.

irisheyes213 responded:
Just wanted to add my welcome and a hearty YOU CAN DO THIS!

~Deb
Never giving up and pushing forward will unlock all the potential we are capable of. ~Christy Borgeld

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, my name is Dave. I have been overweight pretty much my entire life. I am now ready to make a change in my life and start living more healthy. A lo...More

Helpful Tips

Starbucks' Holiday Drink Help
"Nothing answers the cry of a cold morning during the holidays than a Starbucks Peppermint Mocha ." Find out what Nutritionist Elaine ... More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 30 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.