Skip to content
Setbacks..... :(
distant_horizon posted:
So I've now had my first setback. And I'm BUMMED. About three weeks ago, I weighed 287. On Monday 11/7, I weighed 280. I was so happy! But........

This morning, I weighed in at 283. I know exactly why, and now I just have to get back on track. Goals for the upcoming week:

Plan breakfasts and lunches!!!!!!!
This is HUGE for me. I find if I don't have my meals ready, it really throws me off. And then I end up at the drive thru. And it's killing me, literally.

Stick with drinking more water.

Keep up with the walking.

Those last two have been going pretty well, but we're starting to see some crappy weather here in MN, and it derails my outside walks. BUT, I got a treadmill this week! I just need to do a little maintenance (it's used) and we'll be in business.

Thanks everyone for the support! I really appreciate having somewhere I can speak frankly about this, and know there are others going through the same.

Nikki

Jis4Judy responded:
Hi Nikki
it sounds like you have a good plan to deal with the setback
makeing plans ahead of time really helps ..
congrats on recogniseing what went wrong ,,
keep doing your thing
Hugs Judy:) lurking from the 50-100 board

Byroney_WebMD_Staff responded:
Nikki, I agree with Judy that your plan sounds like a good one. Not going out to eat has really been a strategy that works for me, so I also think planning meals is a positive plan, too.

Keep us updated!

Byroney
Pounds off since December 2009= 37lbs. At this rate, it will be years until I reach goal, so I hope you don't mind having me around for a spell.

irisheyes213 replied to Byroney_WebMD_Staff's response:
Nikki,

One week doesn't make or break our journeys. It isn't going to be a linear adventure, you just learned that in the beginning which is good imho. Hang in there and keep pushing forward. You will get there. It sounds like you have a great plan to work on.

Have a healthy weekend!
Never giving up and pushing forward will unlock all the potential we are capable of. ~Christy Borgeld

Spotlight: Member Stories

Why I came to WebMD I decided to adopt healthier lifestyle changes in 2009 and feel that WebMD is an unbiased resource. Where I can be found on We...More

Helpful Tips

Warning: Ramblings
Had some good things happen this week that I wanted to share. Had 2 people I know tell me I look 10 years younger. I'm under 250 lbs. ... More
Was this Helpful?
19 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.