Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Weight
NavywifeLivinglife posted:
Hello to everyone: I am finding it very difficult to do anything lately due to the fact of just not being me. I am overweight and I have to take meds and its just so aggravating at times. There are days I do so well and other days where I just want to do my own laposuction with the shop vac, lol. I really at times don't eat much but then there are days where I feel I eat too much. About the only thing I eat badly is ice cream which is once a week. but this medication they have me own its so hard to fight at times. I am so blahh. But this week I'm gonna try to work through this. Its just me and my husband, my kids are grown and his are with his ex wife we get them during the summer. Of course if it was left up to me, I stay in bed all day and just drink water. Hopefully commenting on here maybe I can get a support person or persons to communicate with. Thanks for listening. Sincerely, Beth

abnersmom responded:
Hi Beth,

Being obese is aggravating as you say. We don't feel as well as we should and I think that is why we stay stuck there. I can promise you that as you make a healthy food and fitness plan ppounds will come off and you will feel better despite the medications. Do you use the food tracker to keep up with your nutrition and calorie intake? That really helped me be honest with myself about how much I was eating and more importantly the nutrition value of what I was consuming. I now eat tons more veggies and fruit than I ever have - I'm sure not perfect there, but baby steps. I feel great now and actually want to exercise. I can't wait to experience how it feels when I reach my goal weight. Hang in there. If I can do this, anyone can!
Debbie SW 265 CW 191 GW 150 - Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. Ehrmann

NavywifeLivinglife replied to abnersmom's response:
Thanks Abnersomom, I have tried to the food tracker and so forth but I don't really eat much and my doctors are dumb founded by what I take in and not loosing. I might cheat once a week or sometimes once every 2 week with like frozen yogurt or ice cream. The only I refuse to change is like Whole milk to skim, 2% or low fat, that will never happen. I rarely drink milk but maybe 1 week or twice. Cheese I do low fat, once every 2 weeks I do eat out like Chinese or Apple Bees but I do order healthy. I 'm just the type of person I have to sweat which I rarely do. I'll keep it up though, I just restarted this a couple weeks ago. Thanks for your support and hope to hear more helpful tips.
Navy Wife Living Life

abnersmom replied to NavywifeLivinglife's response:
That must be tough to not lose although you're being mindful of what you eat. Losing is hard enough for me so I can only imagine the hurdles you face. Two weeks is great a great start. WTG! We can do this.
Debbie SW 265 CW 191 GW 150 - Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. Ehrmann

NavywifeLivinglife replied to abnersmom's response:
Thanks for the pat abnersmom, yes WE CAN. Just gets to the point sometimes of frustration. Hope you have an awesome weekend. By the way my name is Beth. Nice meeting you and having someone to share my hurdles with. thanks so very much.
Navy Wife Living Life

abnersmom replied to NavywifeLivinglife's response:
Hi Beth, Nice to meet you too. I was on here earlier today, but had to come back as I'm watching the Super Bowl preview show and I am craving pizza after seeing all these pizza ads, I just had to take my mind off of it for a while. This too shall pass. I'm learning...slowly but surely.
Debbie SW 265 CW 190 GW 150 - Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. Ehrmann

Spotlight: Member Stories

you guys already know me-i am so frustrated that so often this website wont let me post-i write and write and nothing!!!!!! and what is the deal with ...More

Helpful Tips

Warning: Ramblings
Had some good things happen this week that I wanted to share. Had 2 people I know tell me I look 10 years younger. I'm under 250 lbs. ... More
Was this Helpful?
19 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.