Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Weight
NavywifeLivinglife posted:
Hello to everyone: I am finding it very difficult to do anything lately due to the fact of just not being me. I am overweight and I have to take meds and its just so aggravating at times. There are days I do so well and other days where I just want to do my own laposuction with the shop vac, lol. I really at times don't eat much but then there are days where I feel I eat too much. About the only thing I eat badly is ice cream which is once a week. but this medication they have me own its so hard to fight at times. I am so blahh. But this week I'm gonna try to work through this. Its just me and my husband, my kids are grown and his are with his ex wife we get them during the summer. Of course if it was left up to me, I stay in bed all day and just drink water. Hopefully commenting on here maybe I can get a support person or persons to communicate with. Thanks for listening. Sincerely, Beth

An_243360 responded:
Hi Beth, I decided to reply as it sounds as though we may have lots in common. My kids are grown and live on opposite sides of the USA, North and South. I have 6 grandkids, and they come see us in the summer. I would like to be able to do things with them, but most of the time I am just too tired. I have thought about having the bariatric surgery. I am still working (as a police dispatcher on the night shift). My husband is a retired truck driver. Ice cream is my real weakness and is always the one thing I cant stay away from. I know about the staying in bed idea just Wake me up when I'm a size 5 was my mantra. It didn't work so... Im waking up to smell the coffee, without cream and sugar, I might add.
Good luck to you this week. Debra

NavywifeLivinglife replied to An_243360's response:
Oh yeah Ice cream is my weakness also, but I can take or leave it. I try to not have snacks in the house or temptations.
I have to do something well and I am slowly deciding on what to do. With fibro I have to be careful and watch what I am doing.
Navy Wife Living Life

abnersmom replied to NavywifeLivinglife's response:
Hi Navywife, How are you doing? I haven't been checking this board lately. I spend most of my time on the 50-100 lb. board. Glad to know you're still checking in.
Debbie SW 265 CW 162 GW 150 - Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. Ehrmann

Spotlight: Member Stories

* Age: 47 * Location: FL * Height: 5"2 * Start Weight 280 * Goal Weight: 130 * Plan: dieting and working out

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
52 of 70 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.