Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Just starting out
lady712 posted:
Hello to all, I am new tot his site and I am looking forward to hearing from others who have to drop 100 lbs or more. I have decided that tomorrow will be my first day on this journey. I am going to try this on my own without by-pass surgery. I look forward to hearing from anyone who wants to go along with me on this journey. It is good to know I am not alone and I hope I can help my fellow community friends on your journey as well. We all need to help each other.

totallywiggedout responded:
LOL, bypass surgery. You know? I was just thinking about that today. You know that diet they give post op bypass/lapband patients?? If you have a friend who can share it, get them to copy it for you. Literally, if we all ate like we had had the surgery... we would all be thinner without it. It sets up the basic rules of several very small meals throughout the day , which is what we are all trying to strive for anyway.
I congratulate you on your decision for non-invasive weight loss. Welcome to the program, Definitely set yourself up with the Food and fitness planner. It has a lot of basic foods already in the system to make food intake charting easier.

jessicaneedstobeslim responded:
hi..i am also new to this...i have been going to the gym for about a month now. I weigh 231 and have about 100lbs to lose. i lost 245 when i started. I wish you the best of luck! If I can help, please let me know and i would also appreciate any tips you may have!

totallywiggedout replied to jessicaneedstobeslim's response:
Did you start out at 245, or have you lost that much so far? Gosh , if you've LOST that much, maybe you could help US, lol.
Anyway, Hi! I'm Kim. I started out at 243 the 3rd of Jan this year. Just sort of woke up and was completely disgusted with myself for letting my weight and my love of food rule my life.
Last week, I discovered Hummus. Strange flavor and texture, but still somehow addictive. I'm a wholehearted "good fat" believer and I try to do the balance of all nutrients rather than "low carb (no carb)" and I eat low fat meats like chicken or trimmed beef every day.
This morning 221 lbs. It is a godsend because I'd been plateau'ing almost this whole month. Which sucked mightily. So I ended up throwing in more calories and upping my exercise expenditure by adding some weight training (not much though, I only do about 8-10 min of weight machine circuits once or twice a day.)
My biggest fear... looking like a big puddle of "soft, stretched out skin" when I've reached my goal. Truly, am NOT thrilled with the way things are starting to hang. Scared that it wont tighten up at all, that I'm too old and my baggies will just BE there , forever.
I'm trying to compartmentalize this fear though. I absolutely must because it's really beginning to bug me enough to dampen my efforts to lose.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 47 married with no kids but a farm full of animals. I am very tall about 6'1" and at my heaviest weight I weighed 300 in January 2010. I...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
52 of 70 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.