Skip to content
TIPS in discussions...
totallywiggedout posted:
Looks like people don't visit TIPS since last input was 3 months ago, so I'm diving in here.
When I started out on my quest toward my Inner Skinny Me, I found the hardest thing about watching what I ate was that the individual serving bowls, like cereal bowls, and the glassware are actually big enough for 3, 4 even 5 actual servings. Since I'm now watching my serving sizes to watch my caloric intake, this was a major stumbling block for me.
I'm wondering if I'm alone with this problem , which , I know makes me sound mental, but I can't stand looking DEEP down into an 18 oz cup to see my 8 oz (1 cup) serving. Somehow this visual aspect alone makes me feel like I'm depriving myself.
I have found that most vintage tea cups, are very close to 8oz sized.
I find mine in nearly new shops, or church donation stores mostly. Serving myself in these makes me feel special, like a princess and I don't overindulge by over serving myself.
Anyone else have some nifty ideas for individual serving sized containers?

Spotlight: Member Stories

hi, everyone i just wanted to let everyone know how things are going. Lost 38 pounds so far. Got on a bike yesterday at the park with my kids. We all ...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
52 of 70 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.