Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
New Here and Ready for Change
pamom1980 posted:
Hey everyone.. I just turned 32 on Sunday, I've been married for coming up on 14 years in October, and I have 3 children. Ever since I had my first child, I have been dealing with the weight gained. Unfortunately, I haven't lost any weight from any of my pregnancies. There was a brief time when I was working on losing weight and I think I lost close to 20 pounds but then something happened and I gave up.

I weigh 295 and I've teetered near 300 for probably close to 2 years now. I am so scared at seeing 300 and I've managed to avoid it, but as you see by my current weight-- I am very close.

So, what made me decide that it was time to get rid of this weight was seeing my mom do it at nearly 60 years of age. She has battled weight for years and has tried all sorts of things but never could really get rid of the weight. She's on some special diet now working with a doctor and has shed nearly 25 pounds in about 3-4 weeks (maybe a little longer). Seeing her do it has made me decide that if she can do it, so can I.

This time feels so much different than any other time I've wanted to lose weight. This time, I'm excited about it, I actually know that I can do it, and while I am "scared" at the hard work that's going to be involved, I am still willing to do it.

The self help tools on WebMD has been really nice and fun to use. Having this forum to talk in is also going to be really nice to visit along my weight loss journey as well..

Anyway, it's good to meet everyone and good luck with all of your weight loss journeys..

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a mother of two boys. I am going through a divorce but don't feel sad its really a blessing for me. I have struggled with my weight for years...More

Helpful Tips

Starbucks' Holiday Drink Help
"Nothing answers the cry of a cold morning during the holidays than a Starbucks Peppermint Mocha ." Find out what Nutritionist Elaine ... More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 30 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.