Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
HI, I'M NEW - HCG DIET
doxielover10 posted:
I'm an extremely, extremely rapid cycling bipolar and I take numerous medications. It is a well known fact, that these drugs cause weight gain. I was a size 4-6 my entire life until my diagnosis. Since I never had to diet I had no idea how !!! Last September I arrived DOA at the hospital in total renal failure from lithium toxicity. A normal level is around 1.0, my level was 9.0. My husband was told they did not think I was going to make it. To this day no one knows what happened, 2 weeks earlier my level was 1.0

It has been a nightmare ever since, I had a prearranged surgery at MD Anderson hospital as I had a very severe problem with a gland in my neck. It was so infected it was huge, I stayed overnight and woke up with a 102 fever and an infection. I only have 30% kidney function so I spent 6 days at MD Anderson. The BEST hospital in the world, I was in the medical profession so I know a lot about hospitals. Anyway, I went home and was hospitalized two more times for infections. I had a complete, total nervous breakdown. I was shaking so badly it was visible across the room, I could not speak, I would just keep saying SSSSS and could not form words. I was ordered housebound except for medical reasons.

My best friend in the world was my roommate in prep school and she had lost 65 pounds on this great diet. I had made a pact with my two docs, Internist, Psychiatrist I would tell them EVERYTHING, including if I saw any doctors. So, this huge box arrives from my friend with syringes etc. I had never heard of the diet so I brought the box to my Internist and he almost had a nervous breakdown. The Hcg diet contains urine from pregnant women. However you have no idea what her medical history is ? I found the whole premise YUCKY to say the least. Anyway, that's my two cents, glad to be here, I am hysterical about my weight, beached whale. I do belong to a site called My Food Diary, it is very good.

Allison

Spotlight: Member Stories

Well I am a stay at home wife with a terrific husband. I am unfortunately over the past year or two have gain weight due to medicaiton I am taking and...More

Helpful Tips

Warning: Ramblings
Had some good things happen this week that I wanted to share. Had 2 people I know tell me I look 10 years younger. I'm under 250 lbs. ... More
Was this Helpful?
19 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.