Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
starting to diet and need some positive support
mrsbusam posted:
after two years since having my youngest daughter i have finally decided to go on a diet trying to lose weight and get back like i use to be.before kids i weighed 99lbs but was also VERY active in sports until i graduated from high school in 2003. my husband for almost 7 years keeps telling me that i need to lose weight and every time i even try to start i seem to think i'm making progress but he keeps giving negative support by name calling like "beached whale" and poking at my stomach. i am right now 150 lbs and wanting to get down to 110-115. I am hoping to make some friends on here that will give me the support that i need to keep up with my dieting i will even keep those who will be my supporters my progress for each day and am up for any advise to fixing anything with my progess. willing to do anything to get healthier. Any one who is willing to be my support and friend please contact me at my email k.busam.ka.busam.ke.busam@gmail.com

totallywiggedout responded:
Oh man, lol, lock your hubby in a closet and throw away the key! That's just not nice what he's doing.
Anyway, gotta, say this blog site isn't very active. You need to come over to the 50-100 community. We post every day and most times even more.
I don't do the gmail stuff or even email. But I am on that comm site very very often and there are lots of us over there, busy losing weight and having a ball with eachother. come join us
Having said that, I want to sort of insist that you begin your journey with either the WebMD food and fitness planner which is very easy to use and understand and be religious about , or the one of Fitday.com. Both are free and they give you the starting point of what your daily caloric intake and exercise needs will be for the weight you want to lose.
Then just for a week or so, start cutting back wherever you can and upping your exercise by walking a bit. Walking because it's easy, and can be altered by doing a little more or doing it faster as you get more active. Plus, it goes a long way toward hitting some trouble spots like saddle bags and frumpy butt.
come join us on the other blog and we'll get you started on a lifelong journey to good health and healthy eating habits.
Remember, diets are for short term low weightloss goals, and they don't work because they don't teach you anything about HOW to eat right, they just say do this or do that, but not WHY. This is a journey, it'll take awhile to lose the weight, because it took a while to put it on, but you will be doing it healthier, and in the long run will learn so much more about how your body responds to different plans of attack that you will not only lose weight, but be able to keep it off, FOREVER
Kim
Diet and Exercise go hand in hand, Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. -Will Rogers
SW 243, Jan 3, 2012
CW 213.3 March 29,2012
CW 204.4 May 6,2012
GW 135

Spotlight: Member Stories

Im 22 i havent always been over weight .... after i had kids it has went down hill. I have 3 kids and im very active but im an emotionaly eatter.I wei...More

Helpful Tips

Warning: Ramblings
Had some good things happen this week that I wanted to share. Had 2 people I know tell me I look 10 years younger. I'm under 250 lbs. ... More
Was this Helpful?
19 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.