Skip to content
Got A LOT of Skin Left
Lefty2121 posted:
I know I will probably need some surgery to remove all this extra skin, has anyone gone thru this just wanna know how much it cost and how much time you need to heal. Thank you very much. My starting weight was 382 lbs now current weight is 221 lbs my goal is between 150 to 180 so still have some to go!

abnersmom responded:
Hi Lefty, I would love to have that done, but haven't looked into it. It would be interesting to find out if someone knows.
Debbie SW 265 CW 162 GW 150 - Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. Ehrmann

totallywiggedout replied to abnersmom's response:
Me too But not till I have reached and maintained goal weight for at least a year. But my "hi Helens" , ie bat wings, are nasty. I think I'd really love to have those reduced and maybe a breast lift would be nice. I don't want augmentation, just a little firming UP lol

Huggs
K
Diet and Exercise go hand in hand

Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. -Will Rogers
SW 243 1/3/12 CW 191.6 Goal 135

abnersmom replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Yes, I'd like the breast lift too, Kim. After breastfeeding, they never did perk up again and now after the weight loss, well, I won't even describe!
Debbie SW 265 CW 162 GW 150 - Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. Ehrmann

totallywiggedout replied to abnersmom's response:
LOL I'm always joking that if mine get any worse I'll just throw em over my shoulders and walk backwards, It'll look like I have a hairy face, but my nipples will be in the right spot again.
huggs
K

Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. -Will Rogers
SW 243 1/3/12 CW 186.2 Goal 135

Lefty2121 replied to totallywiggedout's response:
OMG that was a great laugh thank you so much!! Luvd it!!

abnersmom replied to Lefty2121's response:
Hey Lefty, Kim's hilarious all the time. She always makes me smile. How's your healthy journey going?
Debbie SW 265 CW 159 GW 150 - Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. Ehrmann

totallywiggedout replied to Lefty2121's response:
Isn't the mind a wonderful thing? I didn't have to draw a picture, just describe it.....
Thanks. It's not a funny subject to me, as I truly AM afraid that if I do end up finally reaching my goal of losing over 100 lbs that I WILL be trippin on em, but I try to see humor in most things, esp. the scary things.
Huggs
K

SW 243 1/3/12 CW 186.2 Goal 135

Lefty2121 replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Have been looking at some websites that show all the skin after is taken off! WOW it's a lot of skin and just to imagine all the pain and recovery time needed after wards makes you wonder!

totallywiggedout replied to Lefty2121's response:
I know. And it'd be just like having a tummy tuck or butt lift with thigh reduction. It's not only skin either. you have to remember all those little capilaries that help your blood flow through you body, like springs off of a major river. All that extra blood flow will be lost when they take the loose skin.
Not sure how that affects the body, with the lessoned blood flow....
kim

SW 243 1/3/12 CW 186 Goal 135

pallzy replied to totallywiggedout's response:
I would love to have it done. I'm actually afraid to go find out how much the price tag is. I don't want to find out that I can't have it done because I can't afford it.
5'11 SW 275/GW 160/CW 159

MiaPa1208 replied to pallzy's response:
Hey you , long time no see:) Im back since gained back 15 lbs, and i was at my goal weight already and for long too!!!!! well no better time then to start righ away. Where is Marcy? A

pallzy replied to MiaPa1208's response:
Hi Mia!!! Sorry. I don't check in nearly as much as I used to. I've been fighting with about 10 re-pounds since I quit smoking. Been kind of a rough year. Glad to see you back too!!
5'11 SW 275/GW 160/CW 159

MiaPa1208 replied to pallzy's response:
I gained some weight over the holidays-well, its so hard to diet with all of that delicious stuff around. But my leftovers are almost gone and im getting back on track- ill be happy to be anywhere between 150-155 lbs again.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 31 years old and tired of being insecure and unhealthy. I am a mother of a 7 year old and she is my biggest inspiration. I recently went to the d...More

Helpful Tips

Starbucks' Holiday Drink Help
"Nothing answers the cry of a cold morning during the holidays than a Starbucks Peppermint Mocha ." Find out what Nutritionist Elaine ... More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 30 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.