Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Hcg diet for males
Osen007 posted:
I am 35 and struggled with beer gut," the hard fat" tried running and watching what i ate, I was 248 lbs 2 months of what I thought was right eating and training I was 245. So I tried the hcg injection through a hormone replacement doctor. I was so excited every morning to get on the scales and lost 42 lbs. I was down to 200. The trick is resetting your saying with the diet after for the month to train your body to digest the food right . I currently weigh 212 a year later and again I'm having a hard time getting back to 200. Should I try the diet again?

totallywiggedout responded:
Hi Osen, welcome.
IMHO, no.
I mean , yes, the shots worked for losing that weight over a year, but you are now gaining it back. You learned NOTHING other than how to take shots.
Why not, instead, change your eating and exercise habits for a lifetime of weight loss and maintenance?
Start a food and fitness planner. Measure and log all the foods, condiments, dressings, oils , etc that you eat on a daily basis. Log your exercise output for the day. Be honest with everything. See how your day compares to what the log says you should be doing. Make the necessary changes to better adhere to the log.... find foods and recipes that are healthier while still being tasty and unboring. DEVELOP and LEARN for yourself what works and what doesn't. This is the only way to lose weight effectively and keep it off forever. Magic pills, shots and "one size fits all" diets won't work because you learn nothing about your own tastes and ability to do it on your own, in your own timeframe and with your own tastes and physical abilities kept in mind.
kim
Diet and Exercise go hand in hand

Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. -Will Rogers
SW 243 1/3/12 CW 186 Goal 135

abnersmom responded:
Hi Osen, I totally agree with Kim. There is not "quick fix" for weight loss. You have to change your lifestyle forever. Use a food log (fitday.com, the food and fitness planner here, etc.). When I first logged my foods, even though I thought I was doing well by cutting calories, fitday.com showed me that my nutrition was out of whack. It was eye-opening. The food tracker kept me honest and although I don't log everyday now, I have learned how to eat more nutritiously. Good luck.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. Ehrmann

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have always been "thick" now I am way beyond that. I don't want to be the fat old lady that I'm turning into. I just don't hav...More

Helpful Tips

Starbucks' Holiday Drink Help
"Nothing answers the cry of a cold morning during the holidays than a Starbucks Peppermint Mocha ." Find out what Nutritionist Elaine ... More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 30 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.