Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Newbie This is My Story
flgrandmadoris posted:
Well here I am. Where I said I would not be after gaining and losing 25 pounds in the early 90's. I thought after stopping smoking I was well on my way to living to be 100. Then life set in and here I am looking at 115 lbs to lose. I used to weight 150 and at 5'7" felt and looked good. Now at 263 I find I have trouble getting in my car. I don't go to the stores anymore my son does all the shopping. My brother cleans my house for me. Thank God I have family to help me with all this. I'm 65 years young. I say that because I never have felt my age nor believed that age has anything to do with enjoying life. But this is not the life I enjoy or had planned for myself in my senior years. That is why I am here. I have a granddaughter who lost her mother and needs to have me around to see her graduate college, marry, and have kids of her own. I am tired of being on the outside looking in. There is so much more living for me to do. The weight is stopping me and it has got to go now and forever. I can see my life as I want it to be like a picture of the things I wanted in retirement. Looking forward to achieving my goal and celebrating with all my new friends. This is the first day of the rest of my life the way I want it to be. DETERMINATION AND COMMITTMENT

abnersmom responded:
Hi Doris, Come over and join us on the 50-100 lb. board. It is a very active and supportive group.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. Ehrmann

Spotlight: Member Stories

I began gaining weight when I was 22. I had lost my baby weight from when I had my son through exercise but after I got more into raising him, working...More

Helpful Tips

Warning: Ramblings
Had some good things happen this week that I wanted to share. Had 2 people I know tell me I look 10 years younger. I'm under 250 lbs. ... More
Was this Helpful?
19 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.