Skip to content
New
honeybunny1954 posted:
I will start out by saying that web MD is one of the best websites I have found for weight loss. And i have been to quite a few.

I am at the heaviest I have ever been right now in my life and if i could do it over I think i would pick a way younger age to be over weight then now at my life when things are slowing down and my health is at a rapid downward spiral. I have not been heavy all my life and was very active up until 8 years ago when i had to retire from nursing do to a herniated disk in my back and 2 back surgery's. I have had some major health issues the last 2 years that have really been a bummer. I have had some upper and lower back problems bulging disks and stenois and arthritis in my back and knee.

I have chronic pain and a very bad back and knee. Its hard to get motivated to do any walking or exercising. I am 293 lbs and 59 years old. My doc wants me to start out slow and work up. Which is why I am here to get your support and help. Because most of you if not all of you know what i am going though just to take one day at a time. I really need to lose the weight for my health to feel better.

I am going to give this my all and try to succeed with some weight loss this time. So I will say please have patients with be and just be in my corner when i need help and motivation. And i will do the same for you:)

totallywiggedout responded:
Honeybunny, I am so sorry that I hadn't seen this before now. This 100 site is never busy. Those of us on the 50-100 diet community are on every day giving support and advise to oneanother. Please come join us there if you are still in the market to get healthier. I have a lot of different exercises posted on our discussion page resources for people like you and me with bad backs , bad knees , bad hips and overall arthritic malais....

hope to see you there
kim
Diet and Exercise go hand in hand

Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. -Will Rogers
SW 243 1/3/12 CW 186 Goal 135

gigik417 responded:
Hello HB1954, I am new to this website today, but not to being obese or losing and then regaining a lot of weight. Your story sounds a lot like mine. The last time I lost a lot of weight and had gotten to a more "normal" size I fell and hurt my back quite badly. That was 12 years ago and I have gained about 160 pounds since then. Most of it within the first 4 years of the injury and now that I am retired (58) I do not have to get up to go to work on days when it hurts too much. SADLY, not moving is making me gain weight even faster. I have an underactive thyroid (diagnosed about 20 years ago) and must take medication every day, but it does not give me an excuse to keep gaining weight. I am now at about 350 pounds and only 5'4" so the feet, ankles, knees, hips are all screaming with every step. My problem is that I do not eat tons of food, just usually at the wrong time and all at once. I won't eat all day and then suddenly eat all 2000 calories in one sitting!! I know it is wrong and stupid, but I have got to start eating small meals throughout the day and maintain my insulin levels at a constant. I also have been hypoglycemic all of my life, though now that I am older, it is becoming more toward the normal range. So, to us both, I wish a healthy dose of luck. I am going to come here daily and drink lots of water, try moving as much as possible, eat small healthy meals at scheduled times and hopefully things will start to improve. Good Luck HB. I'll check back.

initforthefun responded:
Hi honeybunny,

I hope you are still here. I am 62 and weight 252. I have about 105 pounds to lose.

Chronic pain makes it hard to lose weight as food makes such a good drug.

I don't have chronic pain, but I feel tired and bad a lot because of my weight.

I thought maybe you would like a buddy to hold you accountable to the lifestyle change you are working on. We could post once a week?

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have been heavy since I was a child. I tried every professional weight loss idea that was out there, Weight watcher, Jenny Craig, Medifast, Optifast...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
52 of 70 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.