Skip to content
New to the Community
Qatz9 posted:
I am 51 and an ex anorexic. I'm so scared to get into a strict diet, I don't want to go back to the underweight that I was. I gained weight when I quit smoking, and it just doesn't stop. Right now I'm trying out Yoga, and am on a mostly vegetarian diet. Good luck to all! >^..^<

totallywiggedout responded:
Qatz, I hope you are still out there.
Hi, I'm Kim. I am usually found on the 50-100 diet community here on WebMd and only check in on this one every once in awhile to see if we are missing someone new. This comm. isn't as busy as ours is and we always like to extend our invitation to anyone else who may need a bit more active support than what you may find here.

For one thing, don't go on a strict diet. It's not necessary , nor is it healthy for the long term.
I take it you want to lose some weight and keep it off , forever, right?
Then you have to change the foods you eat to mirror your desire for a healthier lifestyle and get off your butt and do some sort of exercise every day.
lol
Fill in a food and fitness planner. Set your goals and your currurent weight and let the planner tell you how many calories and how much exercise to shoot for on a daily basis.
If you eat it, drink it or cook with it, log it.
If you do the exercise, count it and log it.
Drink at least 64 oz of water a day. Cut out sodas, even diet ones, and eat meals made from FRESH, Natural, Raw ingredients.
Simple really.
And as time goes by and you start to drop weight, you will find that the desires to overeat, eat out of boredom or from anxiety from changing your smoking habit will all decrease and become more manageable.

come join us on the 50-100, it doesn't matter how much you feel you need to lose. We are a great group and welcome everyone.

huggs
kim
Diet and Exercise go hand in hand

Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. -Will Rogers
SW 243 1/3/12 CW 186 Goal 135

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have been chubby most of my life, I grew up with bad eating habits like 'you better eat everything on your plate or you're being bad'. O...More

Helpful Tips

Warning: Ramblings
Had some good things happen this week that I wanted to share. Had 2 people I know tell me I look 10 years younger. I'm under 250 lbs. ... More
Was this Helpful?
19 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.