Skip to content
Working on Weight Loss! :D
NCISGirl0711 posted:
Hi! I'm a new member of this community, and I am excited to be here! I am 22 years old, and I weigh almost 254 pounds. I just got married in March to my amazing husband, and we want to start a family soon! I want to lose weight desperately so that I can be at a healthy weight to have a baby, but I have been having trouble with weight loss. I have had a tough time the last several years, and I have gained around 100 pounds since last fall due to stress. I have been trying to lose weight for a while now but have had little success. I feel very down about how I look, but I am wanting too change that by losing weight. Today is day two of me starting over with dieting. When I was a child, I had three brain surgeries due to Chiari Malformation, Syringomyelia, and a pineal cyst in the center of my brain. For over five years now, I have gone through some sort of cycle where I have a low appetite and unintentionally lose weight rapidly for about a year or two, and then my appetite increases, and I rapidly gain weight. Next thing I know, after about a year or two, my appetite decreases again, and I begin to lose weight. The cycle continues like that. I don't know for sure what is going on or what has been causing this. The only thing I can figure out about what has been causing this is stress. I am a very sensitive person and am very hard on myself. With that being said, I am also a very hopeful and positive person and always try to look at things optimistically. Some other things about me are that I have depression and anxiety and have been feeling very down for a while. I have just been going through a difficult time. I have lost some friends this year, which has been very hard for me, but I am very thankful for the friends that I do have! I am hoping that I can make some new friends here and that I will be able to successfully lose weight!

NCISGirl0711 responded:
Oh! And my goal weight is 145 pounds!

rudymeof2 replied to NCISGirl0711's response:
me too

thelovelyjd responded:
Hi NCISGirl!

I'm new here too, but welcome! Stress can be a killer. I blame a lot of my situation on stress and limited (or no) self-control.

The rapid weight loss and weight gain cycles definitely sound indicative of something else going on. Do the doctors have any thoughts on it? It would be no good to become pregnant and fall into the rapid weight loss cycle.

I've suffered from depression and mild anxiety my entire life, so I know where you are coming from.

I hope that you are doing well and your new lifestyle is going strong.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 31 years old and tired of being insecure and unhealthy. I am a mother of a 7 year old and she is my biggest inspiration. I recently went to the d...More

Helpful Tips

Starbucks' Holiday Drink Help
"Nothing answers the cry of a cold morning during the holidays than a Starbucks Peppermint Mocha ." Find out what Nutritionist Elaine ... More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 30 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.