Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
rewards
falicialyn posted:
Hi, I'm new here and I have a question, what are good self rewards. When my husband and I reach any goal we celebrate by going out to eat. We both have at least 100lbs to lose and we have been married 24 years. Both of us are sick and fat yet we are still in our early 40s. New clothes and spa treatments are not in our budget but ice cream is , lol. Any advice? We are both new to the food and weight tracker but will push each other. Thank you for your time, Falicialyn

crisbear responded:
I don't know but for me if I think reward food when I reach a certain weight or lose so many pounds I fall of what ever current diet I'm on. Better to reward yourself with something besides food. You don't have to buy something but maybe partner does one of your chores or you buy yourself an inexpensive something like for me a new plant for the garden or house or some flowers. I just find I fail over and over if I start rewarding my weight loss with a favorite food.

falicialyn replied to crisbear's response:
Crisbear, I love the thought of a new house plant or even a new herb plant. Thank you so much for the idea. Falicialyn

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 52 yrs old and now weigh more than I ever did! I am disgusted with myself and yet can't seem to stop my bingeing on cookies. I am a Type 1 di...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
52 of 70 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.