Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
New here but willing to work at it
gtunderwood posted:
I guess we all have to start somewhere. I have 200 lbs. to lose. I just was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure and triglycerides high enough that I wish it was my bank balance.

bigred53 responded:
Hi there gt! Boy do I ever hear you. When I was diagnosed with T2 my triglycerides were 100 and my A1c was 13.9. WOW. The weight was literally falling off me before I was diagnosed and then I was put on a med that causes weight gain. Lovely.

I was diagnosed in February of 2006. Since then I have lost somewhere around 100 pounds slowly but in the past year I have been trying harder. My last A1c was 5.8. I still have a problem with the triclycerides but I have gotten off the blood pressure medication since last August. If I can do it you can do it.

I'd like to suggest that you join us over on the 50 -100 pounds to lose community. We are a lot more active over there and we don't care how much you have to lose. There are three lovely women who are maintaining and they post often. I have learned a lot from them

You can do this!!!

Michelle

bigred53 replied to bigred53's response:
OOPS! I meant to say my triglycerides were 1000. Just call me fumble fingers...lol

Michelle

Spotlight: Member Stories

It wasnt until my early 20's that I started having issues with weight gain. I had always been curvy and a "plus" size but I was a runner...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
52 of 70 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.