New here but willing to work at it
gtunderwood posted:
I guess we all have to start somewhere. I have 200 lbs. to lose. I just was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure and triglycerides high enough that I wish it was my bank balance.

bigred53 responded:
Hi there gt! Boy do I ever hear you. When I was diagnosed with T2 my triglycerides were 100 and my A1c was 13.9. WOW. The weight was literally falling off me before I was diagnosed and then I was put on a med that causes weight gain. Lovely.

I was diagnosed in February of 2006. Since then I have lost somewhere around 100 pounds slowly but in the past year I have been trying harder. My last A1c was 5.8. I still have a problem with the triclycerides but I have gotten off the blood pressure medication since last August. If I can do it you can do it.

I'd like to suggest that you join us over on the 50 -100 pounds to lose community. We are a lot more active over there and we don't care how much you have to lose. There are three lovely women who are maintaining and they post often. I have learned a lot from them

You can do this!!!

Michelle

bigred53 replied to bigred53's response:
OOPS! I meant to say my triglycerides were 1000. Just call me fumble fingers...lol

Michelle