Skip to content
***Meet~N~Greet***
irisheyes213 posted:
Hi There! There have been several new people posting in the past few weeks. So how about a meet n greet to get to know a bit about each other. Only share what you are comfortable with-

• Name:

• Height:

• Start Weight

• Current Weight:

• Goal Weight:

• Plan:

• Misc:

irisheyes213 responded:
  • Name: Deb

• Height: 5'8

• Start Weight: 283

• Current Weight: 272 (Repounded in 2008)

• Goal Weight: 190 and then reevaluate

• Plan: Better and lower carb, moving more

• Misc: I am a married infertile due to PCOS with IR and now apparently a funky thyroid. We have one spoiled cat. I tend to work a lot and that doesn't always allow for the best choices but I am still trying and that is all I can ask for at the moment.

Next!!
  •  
    joelgmt responded:
    Name: Joel M

Height: 5'9"

Start Weight 344

Current Weight: 310

Goal Weight: 169

Plan: Just watching calories now, but I did Weight Watchers for a few months

Misc:

Baby_Girl87 responded:
    ?Name: Mandi

?Age: 21

?Location: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada

?Height: 5"5

?Start Weight: 280

?Goal Weight: 160 - 150

?Plan: Exercise, Diet and not sit on my butt all day

?Misc: really willing to try and not stop

ps24jd responded:
    Name: Judith

Height: 5' 6"

Start Weight 460

Current Weight: 346

Goal Weight: 300 (looks like a lot but dr is allowing for the 120 lb of lymph fluid in my legs as I have sever chronic lymphedema)

Plan: Plan to go to 300 lb and the stabilize and work with doctor to decide further loss. Going to TOPS meetings every week which has been my lifesaver.

Misc:

LoveandLuck responded:
    Amy

Columbus Ohio Subburbs

5' 6"

Starting Weight 250

Current Weight 182

Goal Weight 145

Plan - Continue on Weight Watchers, weighing in weekly, walking at least 3 days a week (and one of these days I'll actually get into a regular strength training and stretching routine)

Differ responded:
    # Name: Jen

# Age: 28

# Location: FL

# Height: 5'8"

# Start Weight 271

# Current Weight: 265

# Goal Weight: 170

# Plan: Eat Less and better; exercise

# Misc: I want to lose weight before trying to get pregnant again

chucksanford1969 responded:
    Name:Chuck

Height:6 ft

Start Weight397

Current Weight:385.6

Goal Weight:200

Plan:weight loss class with my HMO, meetings with dietician, weekly weigh ins, walking, cooking and not eating out, water

Misc:I have a 3 yr old niece that is my main motivation

lenalenalenalena07 responded:
    # Name: Lena

# Age: 50

# Location: Massillon, Ohio

# Height: 5'5"

# Start Weight 255

# Current Weight: 135

# Goal Weight: 138

# Plan: 5-10 fruits and veggies, adequate lean protein, 1-2 milk, whole carbs (mostly) to total 1200-1500 Kcal/day when losing and now 1800 -2100 Kcal/day to maintain. Oh, and Walking!

# Misc: I have been lurking on this site since June of 2007. This is my first time posting and I thought I'd introduce myself and help keep me on track and perhaps offer any tidbits of help I may of gleaned. I guess I want to say, that if I can do this, so can you! 120 lbs gone forever!

CollyCal responded:
    Colleen C.

38 Years

Minnesota

5' 6" exactly

250 something start weight

240 something current weight

150 something goal weight

Plan: About eight weeks ago I hired a personal trainer. I work out on weights with him RELIGIOUSLY twice per week, and then do twice per week cardio on my own. Next is to tackle the calories since the weight isn't coming off yet.

Misc; I'm in the "disappointed, why do I bother?" stage since I started working out and the weight is barely moving. Meeting with the dietician this week to work on the next step. No other health issues except being obese. Four kids, full time job, busy husband and still finding the time to workout.

OneHandClapping responded:
    Hi all,

I've been reading this board for a few days now, and thought it was time to join in a share in the fun.

# Name: Martin

# Age: 45 (soon to be 46)

# Location: Eastern NC

# Height: 5' 10"

# Start Weight - 346

# Current Weight: - 327

# Goal Weight: - 175

# Plan: - Custom

# Misc: I was diagnosed with diabetes in November, so the plan I'm following was developed for me by my nutritionist at my diabetes education center. I do 30 minutes, twice a day, on my elliptical trainer, each session equivalent to 2 miles, according to the meter.

cellywelly22 responded:
    Name: Celly

Height: 5'3"

Start Weight: 269lbs

Current Weight: 267lbs

Goal Weight: For now, make it to 200lbs. by next January.

Plan: Daily exercise, change food habits, setting more realistic goals.

handcraftedcarolyn responded:
    Name: Carolyn

Height: 5'4"

Start Weight: 276

Current Weight: 276

Goal Weight: Someday: 160 Three Months from Now: 255

Plan: Eat smaller, better portioned and complete meals. Possibly get on the Points system by weight watchers. Try to wake up early enough in the morning to get the booty out of bed.

Misc: I make jewelry and am a full time student, part time Teaching Assistant, and part time receptionist. I also own my own jewelry business. I sound busy, huh?!

LoveandLuck responded:
    Hi Carolyn - I highly recommend weight watchers. I've been attending meetings since May 2008. I lost 70 pounds in 2008. I will keep going to meetings until I reach my goal - which is another 30-35 pounds. The points system really teaches you to know your portions and make healthy meal choices. It also allows you to eat what you want.

Best wishes! Keep us posted on your progress.

LoveandLuck responded:
    Congrats on your weight lose! I'm heading in that direction. Starting at 250 in March 2008, I lost 70 pounds in 2008. I hope to lose another 30-35 pounds this year. Thanks for your post and the encouragement. I'm finding that I'm starting to get satisfied with where I'm at and it's harder to keep on track to lose the rest of the weight. Did you get to that point? What helped you keep going?

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm defined by what has happened to my family, and more recently by y failures. I eat to "feel" good, even though that feeling is fleeti...More

Helpful Tips

Starbucks' Holiday Drink Help
    "Nothing answers the cry of a cold morning during the holidays than a Starbucks Peppermint Mocha ." Find out what Nutritionist Elaine ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    24 of 30 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.