Skip to content
Recipe Swap
irisheyes213 posted:
Tried any new recipes lately? Please share them here.

irisheyes213 responded:
I have made this soup more than once. What I love about this soup is that it is a salt free broth that you can season to your own taste. Also, because of the puree process, the broth actually gets thicker after the soup has cooled so it becomes creamier.

fullbellies.blogspot.com/2009/10/sopa-da-horta-garden-soup.html

I do add some Mrs Dash after I puree the veggies so that there is more flavor but I have found that the more water that you use to cover the veggies, the more watery the broth will taste.

Rgulen responded:
Sorry Deb, I know that you are really trying to watch your carbs. The last recipe that I tried was:

www.eatingwell.com/recipes/potato_gnocchi.html.

I make a version of this salmon alot... www.eatingwell.com/nutrition_health/weight_loss_diet_plans/diet_meal_plans/500_calorie_dinners_30_minute_dinners?page=5

Rg

Marci320 responded:
The last three recipes I tried were really good but I don't know how to put links in here so I'll just tell you what they are because they are easy to find online:

Hungry Girl Chicken Enchilada Soup Weight Watchers Chicken Cacciatore Weight Watchers Tuscan White Bean Pumpkin Soup

The next recipe I try is one I found in Good Housekeeping at the doctor's office today. Chile Rellenos casserole. I texted myself the ingredients and some directions. If it comes out good I'll let you know!

Marci

irisheyes213 responded:
Hi Marci,

You just copy the link from the browser bar and paste into your message. As long as you have the part included then the link will show up as blue and link back to the page you are trying to share.

HTH

PS. Is this the chicken enchilada recipe? www.hungry-girl.com/week/weeklydetails.php?isid=1971

Marci320 responded:
Thanks for the tip on how to put a link in here. I'm so clueless! And yes, that is the chicken enchilada soup recipe I made, and that soup is the bomb! I crunched up about 1/4 of a pack of 100 calorie Dorito chips to put on top rather than regular tortilla chips but otherwise I followed the recipe as written.

Marci

Marci320 responded:
Man I'm bored staying at home! I decided to try a new receipe since I already had the ingredients. I have a tax appointment and was going to drive thru El Pollo Loco for dinner (healty Mexican food for those of you who don't have that chain) and then remembered I had this recipe from Hungry Girl. I made it in advance for my dinner tonight and just based on the look and smell of the dish, I'm excited and wanted to share the recipe. BTW, I don't like peppers, so I left them out.

Need-a-Fajita Chicken Bowl!

Ingredients: 2/3 cup cooked brown rice (prepared without added fat) 1 tbsp. salsa verde (a.k.a. green salsa) 1/2 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro Squirt of lime juice 3 1/2 oz. raw boneless skinless lean chicken breast, cut into small strips 1/2 cup chopped red & green bell peppers 1/3 cup chopped onion 1/2 tsp. dry fajita seasoning mix 1/4 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed 2 tbsp. shredded fat-free cheddar cheese 2 tbsp. (regular) salsa

Directions: To make the cilantro sauce, combine salsa verde, cilantro, and lime juice in a small bowl. Mix well and set aside.

In another bowl, combine chicken, peppers, and onion, and sprinkle evenly with fajita seasoning. Add 1 tbsp. water and mix well.

Bring a pan sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat. Add chicken-veggie mixture and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked through and veggies are tender. Remove from heat, stir in black beans, and set aside.

Place rice in a microwave-safe bowl. If needed, nuke until hot. Top with chicken-veggie-bean mixture and cheese. If you like, nuke briefly to melt cheese. Finish it off with salsa and cilantro sauce. Enjoy!

MAKES 1 SERVING

Serving Size: 1 bowl (entire recipe) Calories: 386 Fat: 3g Sodium: 700mg Carbs: 52.5g Fiber: 7.5g Sugars: 6.5g Protein: 35g

POINTS? value 7*

HG Alternatives! Prefer white rice? Use that instead -- just subtract 2g fiber from the recipe stats. And if you wanna save some time in the kitchen, buy precooked chicken strips -- just sprinkle 3 oz. with half the seasoning before cooking the veggies, and then add it to the pan just in time to heat it up. Yay!

Rgulen responded:
Here is one that came into my junk mail that I will try to make this week..... It's from Prevention Magazine's Website for Vegetarian Shepherd's Pie.

recipes.prevention.com/Recipe/vegetarian-shepherds-pie.aspx?cm_mmc=Recipe%20Of%20The%20Day-_-02042010-_-Nutrition%20and%20Recipes-_-Vegetarian%20Shepherd's%20Pie

irisheyes213 responded:
Marci requested the recipe for Garlic Brown Sugar chicken.
Here is the original recipe.

http://www.sparkpeople.com/myspark/recipe_details.asp?nutrition_id=10904377

I added celery and onions before I added cut up chicken and cooked them for a few minutes then added the chicken. I also screwed up and was trying to add ground red pepper but ended up adding a sprinkle of cinnamon. We liked that but you don't have to do it to have a good dish. I did end up adding a sprinkle of red pepper flakes to add some heat. You could add other veggies like carrots and broccoli as well. I just added what I wanted to use up in the house and forgot that I had carrots in the fridge. I cut up the chicken on the suggestion of some previous posts on that recipe.
Here is the link to the recipe with the comments but I am not sure if you can view without a sparkpeople account.
http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=376900

Marci320 replied to irisheyes213's response:
Thank you so much, Deb! I was able to view the receipe without having an account with sparkpeople. I already prepared food to eat tonight but I almost feel like ditching that plan and making this recipe! I'm excited to try it!

Marci

irisheyes213 replied to Marci320's response:
Ok, I wasn't sure if you would be able to view the comments for the recipe without an account. Good to know.

My husband wants me to make it without the veggies next time

barbara4u responded:
SEAFOOD PIZZA

You can use imitation lobster or crabmeat.

10" tortilla
450 oven

Spray top w/oven spray butter/olive oil spray,
Put garlic powder on top of the sprayed tortilla.

Sprinkle 2 TBS parmesan cheese. (I use the cheese that is in a container.)

Add: Diced Roma tomatoes. I put as many as not to cover the pizza but to give it color, as ther is no pizza sauce on this pizza.

2 TBS basil, cut in julienne

2 oz. Seafood Remember the imitation works very well. Cut into chunks that are 1/2" or smaller.

Put 1/2 Cup (or less) 4 cheese Italian bleend shredded 2%

I sprayed the bottom of my tortillas w/ the oven spray and dusted the bottoms with a no salt seasoning.

Bake for 4-6 mins.

This was a Red Lobster Restaurant adaptation

My 31 year old daughter LOVES it.

We eat this along with a huge salad

Also, we use low carb./high fiber tortillas.

ENJOY!!

irisheyes213 replied to barbara4u's response:
Ooo! That sounds yummy! I love using tortillas for pizza crusts. Thanks for sharing!

feduptwice replied to irisheyes213's response:
this sounds great! I never thought of using tortilla for pizza crust!I'm trying some tomorrow. so many possible combinations are running through my head now. I love mushrooms. Thanks

irisheyes213 replied to feduptwice's response:
FEDUP Pita pizzas are good too. I have used both the mini pitas and the regular size as pizza crusts.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I started the year out around 317 and have lost around 56 lbs so far this year. I mainly have been on the low carb, trying to stay under a 100g of car...More

Helpful Tips

Starbucks' Holiday Drink Help
"Nothing answers the cry of a cold morning during the holidays than a Starbucks Peppermint Mocha ." Find out what Nutritionist Elaine ... More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 30 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.