Skip to content
July Roll Call
Marci320 posted:
Sorry Louise but I liked this topic from last month so I hope you don't mind my starting it for July. Happy July! Let's start the month with a roll call, your goals for the month and what you did that you are proud of in June!
FirstPrevious12NextLast

fedupagain responded:
i would love to be 175lbs at the last day of July and as far something to be proud of in June i would have to go with getting an exercise bike that i will have in my bedroom so i can add an extra 30 min to my work out at night before i go to bed.

pallzy replied to fedupagain's response:
I want to be holding at 160 and feel like I have it under control.
5'11 SW 275/GW 160/CW 162

Marci320 replied to pallzy's response:
You guys beat me to this!

I'm proud to have met my June goals--I went to the gym (now I love it and can't imagine NOT going) and my other goal was to lose 5 lbs. and I acually lost 10 (I think it had everything to do with working out). So, for July, I just want to continue on the way I have been. I'm at 248 now so if I can be 240 at the end of July that sounds like it may be doable. We shall see!

Byroney_WebMD_Staff responded:
Dear Marci,

I appreciate your starting a roll call! I know Louise would, too. Louise is off for about a week, and until she returns I'll be your substitue moderator.

It sounds like June was a successful month for you, Fedup, and Pallzy. Who else out there wants to share their June experience? Is the crazy weather presenting any challenges?

Best wishes for July goals!

Byroney

irisheyes213 responded:
Most proud of in June: I logged 762 minutes of exercise and that didn't include all of the walking related to attending the baseball games last week. I would guess there was at least another 120 minutes of walking in there. I can't tell you when the last time I logged 500 minutes of activity in a month let along surpassed that.

I haven't weighed yet since being back for a variety of reasons so no idea how I did but I did focus on getting my water in and veggies when I could during vacation. I even had 5 days with purposeful exercise over the course of the trip :) For what it is worth I have a 8 week streak going of at least 60 min of exercise per week so I've been working on my consistency....

For July: I would like to end the month closer to my goal that I was looking to achieve this month. I also would like to be able to say I logged 775 minutes of exercise or more during July and that I avoided the drive thru for 30 days straight.
Life's challenges are not supposed to paralyze you; they are supposed to help you discover who you are. ~Author Unknown http://www.3fatchicks.com/diet-blogs/irisheyes213/

fedupagain replied to Byroney_WebMD_Staff's response:
i count on this crazy weather to slow down my eating. I am so hot I have no appetite. I so hope to get to my end of July weight!

Marci320 replied to fedupagain's response:
Hi Byroney. Welcome! Hope you enjoy your week here while Louise is enjoying her time away.

Welcome back, Deb! Glad you had a good vacation. We are doing baseball games for vacation too! Hope you had a good time and I'm glad to hear you stayed on track with food and exercise. Gives me hope for when I go!

Mia that hot weather is perfect for eating lots of salads and summer fruit. I think you'll easily get to your July weight.

jean4vr replied to Marci320's response:
Hi Guys,

Thanks, Marci for doing this topic. I think it is a good one for each month. To reflect on what we did and set some goals for the new month.

June==Actually broke in some new walking shoes. Really enjoying walking in the park for 1 hr. with small hand weights. Got the shoes at Payless. They have that wierd thick sole(by Champion). Love them!

July==Driving to Utah, from Mich.. Planning to pack as much food for me as possible. Packing some exercise stuff, also. Where we stay(w/dh's bro.) there is a park where I can walk so packing my new walking shoes.

DEB, got to say, you have inspired me to keep the exercise going, even on vacation.

MARCI, Where did you say that animal rescue was in Utah?
I tried to find that post where you said your friends went to volunteer but can't recall where it is. If you can tell me where you posted it I can get it there. Thanks.

Barb(Jean)

crystalburger17 replied to jean4vr's response:
My goal for June didnt last very long as I didnt start getting working on myself until the 23rd. Needless to day during that time My goal for Overall was just to get healthy, and get fit and pray the weight will fall with doing so. I am not so worried about the number (weight)as I am trying to make sure if I have any part of the health problems my mother has I will be better off to deal with them.

July, hmm thats another story! Lets make a goal to atleast be able to work out at a harder rate for longer.. right now I work out about 40min - 1 hr with hr from 140-180 (2miles) and would like to aim for 3 miles within same time frame appx. So I will have to step up my game. We will see.

rocky2010 responded:
well my goal for july to keep staying away from soda and to avoid fast food garbage french fries are soo bad for me i have to remember to pack me some extra fruit or something i can munch on, on my way home from work because thats when temptation kicks in bad.I have a 40 minutes commute to work my plan is to avoid side streets as much as possible and stay on the freeway that way i cant stop at mcdonalds or burger king on my way home!! lol As for june i'am very proud to say i lost 11 pounds and thats just primarily cutting out soda which was bad since i work as a ambulance dispatcher and im on my tush all day i buy those 44oz sodas they sell at our convenience store and sad to say i usually drink 2 of those a day now i will buy one 32 oz diet pepsi and i know its not great for me but its a start!!!
-RAQUEL(22)DH-BRIAN(26)TWO FUR BABIES BUBBA-DOG

kptrsn19 replied to rocky2010's response:
I lost 8 lbs in June, and I'd like to lose 10 in July, but it's going to be super tough cause I have so much going on, but I'm determined to do it. I also plan on limiting myself to just 1 can of soda a day. Lately I've been drinking so much and I know the caffeine isn't good for you and of course it's a waste of calories!

crystalburger17 replied to kptrsn19's response:
You guys are really inspirational! I love to read about everyones goals... <3 thanks for sharing KIU!

Marci320 replied to crystalburger17's response:
Here is the link to the animal rescue. Let me know if you go so I can tell my friends. They really enjoyed their time there:

http://www.bestfriends.org/

Congrats to everyone on their weight loss and for setting such great goals for July. I'm looking forward to next month and hearing that we all reached those goals! I know the 4th of July is going to be a tough one. Other than any BBQ'd meat, I'm a big fan of all the mayo-laden treats--especially potato salad and deviled eggs, so I'm making a low fat baked potato salad and my own deviled eggs without the yolks. I'm going to try to stick with chicken as my meat and watermelon and other summer fruits for dessert. This is my plan, but if I end up eating things I shouldn't I will be back on track Monday.

Hope you all have a great, safe, and fun 4th of July weekend!

jean4vr replied to Marci320's response:
Marci,
Thank YOU soooo much for that "Bestfriends" site. That is really intriging. I have been wanting to do vounteer work with animals for some time.

I definitely will let you know if I do get out there.

That is really good that you are re-making your favs. That is the key, we got to satisfy those cravings, and can do that by reducing fat and calories.

Happy 4th!!!

Barb

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, My name is Karin. I am 42. I weight 318 lbs. I am 5'4". I am from Powder Springs, GA. I need some help and encouragement to get healthy. ...More

Helpful Tips

Warning: Ramblings
Had some good things happen this week that I wanted to share. Had 2 people I know tell me I look 10 years younger. I'm under 250 lbs. ... More
Was this Helpful?
19 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.