Skip to content
Hi Ladies
VickiCA posted:
I just wanted to say hello to all the ladies .I stopped coming in here I tend to be obsessive when I am trying to lose weight and I spend hours online and I get frustrated and end up burning out. I am glad to see everyone seems to be doing great. Marci I am so impressed that you are now going to the gym that is wonderful!! Isn't that darn elliptical a killer machine my thighs have never been so worked out before.

I am still working at it myself I lost the 10 lbs I wanted in May but only lost 5 lbs in June. I have stopped worrying about the number on the scale as much and I am in it for the long haul and making this my new lifestyle not just another diet.I did have to buy a sewing machine my pants were literally falling off and I cannot afford all new work slacks. I took them all in and I am wearing size 18 from a 24/26 my goal size is 14, I am getting there YEAH!! Hope to reach my goal size by January. I am not setting a goal weight anymore I am sticking to goal sizes for now.

I cannot tell you how great it feels to look in the dressing room mirror and not loathe the reflection looking back anymore and every size 18 fits and looks pretty darn good!

pallzy responded:
So great to hear from you. Sounds like you are going fabulous.

Sheryl
5'11 SW 275/GW 160/CW 162

fedupagain responded:
Hi Vicki-long time no see. Glad you ok. 5 lbs lost is 5 less you need to worry about it! Cool for being size 18 already!
Im with you on that not watching the number on the scale but sizes and how you look in them. If i look good at 160 then that will be it for me, Plus at 160 I will wear size 10 wich it will be perfect for me so i might not need to get to 155-150lbs.

CygnusWomyn responded:
Hi Vicki,
Wow, it is great hearing about your commitment to losing the weight and finding a place where you are happy with the way you look and feel. Size 18 is awesome, you should be really proud of all the changes you have made to get there.
Your message helps give me inspiration that this can happen in my life too if I focus and take the right actions.

irisheyes213 replied to CygnusWomyn's response:
Woohoo for another 15lbs gone! WTG Vicky!
Never giving up and pushing forward will unlock all the potential we are capable of. ~Christy Borgeld http://www.3fatchicks.com/diet-blogs/irisheyes213/

irisheyes213 replied to irisheyes213's response:
Tuesday:

Rainbow:
Green, red, white,
Never giving up and pushing forward will unlock all the potential we are capable of. ~Christy Borgeld http://www.3fatchicks.com/diet-blogs/irisheyes213/

irisheyes213 replied to irisheyes213's response:
whoops, wrongspot

jean4vr replied to irisheyes213's response:
Hi Vicki,

Really nice work!!

Once we "get IT" that there is no "finish line", then, we can do this. It is about using those "tools" we have, healthy foods, making "better" choices EVERYDAY. Pushing ourselves to move more everyday. AND getting the much needed support to keep on track from our "board buddies".

I truly can't get over how the pals here are here when I need them.

YOU deserve to be VERY proud of your success. And, enjoy every NSV (non-scale victory) girl, like those pants falling off your butt.

WTG!!!

Barbjean

crystalburger17 replied to jean4vr's response:
Congrats Vicki on your changes and victories! January will be here before you know it keep up the great work!

Marci320 replied to crystalburger17's response:
Vicki! So good to see you! Every once in a while your profile comes up on this site and I've wondered how you are doing. Obviously you are doing well, and I'm happy to hear it! Congratulations!

As for me, I guess you found out that I went from fearing the gym to being a regular gym rat. Not sure how that happened!

Anyway, I hope you'll check in with us more in the future. Looking forward to hearing more about how you are donig.

Marci

runningwind2010 responded:
That's great! I'm glad you are doing well. It's really motivating to me that you are in an 18 after a 24/26. I'm in a 28 now, and it would be heaven to be in an 18 again!

kakonolady responded:
Vicki,

I just began my own weightloss journey- starting weight 235 pounds @ 5ft4!. I am married w/3 kids. I really dont have much support from home because my husband has given up on me-because of 7 years of yoyo dieting!!. He makes me feel bad because of it-but I'm done caring about what others think-I am finally putting me FIRST and my health. I have lost 7 pounds so far in only 11 days!. You can do this girl!!. I am antisocial really-hate to be in public. I guess my self esteem has been down! I wish you the best1 (I am in San Diego by the way :)

Louise_WebMD_Staff replied to kakonolady's response:
Arg on your husband. Definitely put yourself first. Practice saying You are beautiful to yourself in the mirror. It helps. It sounds silly but it really does help.

kakonolady replied to Louise_WebMD_Staff's response:
thanks Louise

jean4u replied to kakonolady's response:
Welcome KAKONLADY!

YES, you can do this. I like Louise's advice. Take the time to fix-up, brush hair and wear clothes you take time to pick out. Make yourself important to you, again.

Eating healthy is the first step in re- claiming yourself.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello, everyone! I have weighed more than twice as much as normal since the age of 2. I have had many short-lived attempts at reducing, but always gai...More

Helpful Tips

Starbucks' Holiday Drink Help
"Nothing answers the cry of a cold morning during the holidays than a Starbucks Peppermint Mocha ." Find out what Nutritionist Elaine ... More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 30 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.