Skip to content
Halloween Challenge Week 1 Update
irisheyes213 posted:
So we are 1 week into the Halloween Challenge. How are things going? Did you make any progress this week? Did you find that you need to modify your goals?

Haven't set any goals yet? No worries just add up to three with your name to this post.

Never giving up and pushing forward will unlock all the potential we are capable of.   ~Christy Borgeld
http://www.3fatchicks.com/diet-blogs/irisheyes213/
FirstPrevious12NextLast

irisheyes213 responded:
Oops forgot to post the goals pledged so far incase you forgot what they were.
Crystal (Kakonolady)

1st goal- track food intake for 6 out of 7 days
2nd goal- 30min cardio 5x a week
3rd goal- no eating ater 7pm -only 1 cup fat free milk allowed

Crystal (crystalburger17)

Goal 1: no carbs after 5pm
Goal 2: maintain program from trainer
Goal 3: hit my 40 lbs weight loss currently at 27.8lbs

Marci (Marci320)

Goal 1: Lose 100 pounds by Halloween (8 pounds to go)
Goal 2: Try at least 1 new recipe a week to keep things fresh
Goal 3: Find some sort of marathon or something that would stretch me physically, and start training for it

Kaye (Kaye66)

1. Drop 1 size in clothing (especially pants)
2. Work out with my exercise equipment at least 4 times a week for at least 1/2 hour (to start)
3. Limit fast food to one meal a week.

Cygnus (CygnusWomyn)

1. Go to the gym 5 days out of the week
2. Maintain daily food journal
3. Get up early enough to eat breakfast before work at least 3 out of 5 work days.

Deb (Irisheyes213)

1. Keep increasing exercise minutes by 15 per week until reach 240 or hit the end of the challenge whichever comes first. Starting at 75 min so next goal 90 minutes
2. Track carbs at least 4 days a week
3. And one to help emotional health: Take care of the two most annoying things in the house right now-the master bedroom closet and the work paperwork

Celestial (Celestial_Feather)

1. Enjoy and relish every healthful, tasty mouthful of nourishment.
2. Stay accountable to my Food & Fitness Journal.
3. Celebrate 90 minutes of aerobic activity each week.

Mia (Fedupagain)

1. lose 10 lbs -get down to 168lbs
2. with packing and everything else-find an hour a day for my elliptical(yes Barbjean-my baby elliptical:))
3. DO NOT eat any junk food using an excuse-"i am so busy with moving,no time for healthy meal".

Lover (Lover_of_Spring)

1. Walk 2 miles every weekday
2. Track Calories
3. kick sugar Period over and out.

Barb Jean (Jean4u)

1. NO eating past 9pm. Tea and one hot (low-cal, ff) chocolate ok.

2. NO more snacking on crunchy salty things OUT OF THE BAG.Must put snacks in portion measured container.

3. Do 15 mins. of "movement", even if its jogging in place. Must start moving more after dinner. Maybe walking in room during tv commercials. I think keeping a log on this will help.

Randy (ittesi259)

Here are my goals, which I plan to start working on today:

1. 30 minutes of cardio minimum of 3 times a week.
2. No eating after dinner
3. Getting 6.5 or more hours of sleep. Currently I get like 4.5 or 6 hours, so that would be a big improvement.
Never giving up and pushing forward will unlock all the potential we are capable of. ~Christy Borgeld http://www.3fatchicks.com/diet-blogs/irisheyes213/

irisheyes213 responded:
1. Keep increasing exercise minutes by 15 per week until reach 240 or hit the end of the challenge whichever comes first.
Starting at 75 min so next goal 90 minutes
Got in 90 minutes this week so off to a good start
2. Track carbs at least 4 days a week
Tracked Tues, Wed, Thurs, and Sat. Not at my carb goal everyday but I tracked so that is a good start
3. And one to help emotional health: Take care of the two most annoying things in the house right now-the master bedroom closet and the work paperwork
I made some progress on the work paperwork mountain. Now the key will be to drop off the stuff that I have ready this week and get some more done soon.
Never giving up and pushing forward will unlock all the potential we are capable of. ~Christy Borgeld http://www.3fatchicks.com/diet-blogs/irisheyes213/

Marci320 replied to irisheyes213's response:
Goal 1: Lose 100 pounds by Halloween (8 pounds to go)
Okay, I miscalculated my weight when I made this goal, so I need to change it since I have 1 pound to lose before I've lost 100 lbs. Hopefully I can do that by Halloween!
Goal 2: Try at least 1 new recipe a week to keep things fresh
I guess I'm a bit of an over achiever since I made 4 new recipes this past week.
Goal 3: Find some sort of marathon or something that would stretch me physically, and start training for it
I was going to walk the MADD 5K with a friend but realized I already had plans the day it is scheduled so I need to find another event. I didn't start training but I did work out for at least an hour 6 out of 7 days so I'm doing okay.

kakonolady responded:
The only one I didnt do is the no eating after 7pm. I have had to have a few snacks this week- I guess that needs to be replaced by-no full meals after 7pm only light snacks-less than 200 calories allowed total :) -It has been a good week and will find out how good on Tuesday when I weigh in at work. I hope I am able to lose 5 pounds again!! I hope everyone else had a successful week too?-Take care and keep losing-crystal

Kaye66 responded:
Well, not too good, but not bad either:
Drop a pants size--check back on this later.
Work out at least 4 days a week--Only made 2 days.
Fast food only 1 day a week--very good here. My one day was last Monday, ate a plain baked potato topped with Wendy's chili.

I am starting to feel better, but I realize I have a long way to go. I will do better this week. Plan on doing alot of walking today and tomorrow.

jean4u replied to Kaye66's response:
I really overate on Sun.. I caved in on a breadbasket that had rye bread. I know this is a weakness. But I will do better.

I think that focusing on the 3 goals really is helpful and not overwhelming.

1. Not eat after 9. This is where I need to focus more.

2. Portion control snacks. I have done pretty good on this one.

3. Get off the couch every now and then. I really think that by just slightly increasing my exercise at night would eventually add up and be a habit. Need to do this on a regular basis.

Thanks for keeping us on track!

Barb Jean

Let's make this week a good one!

crystalburger17 responded:
Crystal (crystalburger17)

Goal 1: no carbs after 5pm
Goal 2: maintain program from trainer
Goal 3: hit my 40 lbs weight loss currently at 27.8lbs

Well, week 1 fell off yesterday with eating half a medium fry from mcdonalds ugh, and at 930pm none the less!! I will focus harder and need to post my goals some where to remind me over the weekend. I need to modify my second goal.. I didnt end up doing the trainer thing so I would like it to be stick to 1 hr at the gym 5 days a week.

kakonolady replied to jean4u's response:
Barb Jean,

I think that if you were to exercise in the evening will help with the hunger at night? It use to help me. I exercise before work right now in the morning and so in the evenings-every one of them I am hungry!! I hate it but I am learning to just ignore it by drinking a glass of fat free milk or water. If the hunger gets too bad -I will have a few baby carrots. Take care-Crystal

kakonolady replied to crystalburger17's response:
sorry about the fries :(- my weakness is anything potato... fries, chips... I love them and am keeping away for now. I hope you have a better week! -Crystal

desigma responded:
  1. keep on track with my eating goals
  2. get on my treadmill everyday this week
  3. don't let anything or one distract me from my goals

crystalburger17 replied to kakonolady's response:
No reason to be sorry, my first fries in 9 weeks. I cut everything cold turkey... started to get a big head since I was seeing a great number of 27 lbs in those 9 weeks and so I started to slip. I am back on track with avoiding processed carbs etc. I hope the past week with no loss was enough to make me realize I cant play with my health and weight.

jean4u replied to kakonolady's response:
Thanks, Kakonolady, I will take all tips. And yours sound good. I will try.

I have a severe chip/potato/bread addiction. Once I start... NO control!

Have a GREAT week, Crystal!

Barb Jean

jean4u replied to crystalburger17's response:
Crystalburger, PLEASE do not let this get YOU down on your goal.

We ALL get an "attitude" when we lose and then I don't know if old habits slip in, for me it's just one "reward".

BUT, hey, we are humans and guess what we do make slips. The important thing is don't let slips become habits.

I kinda think maybe by "going cold turkey" just maybe that was too tough. Just a thought. But, if you are going to stay healthy for life...take IT SLOW!!

I know "I am MOMMY DEAREST" but I DO mean well!!! REALLY!!

Barb Jean

crystalburger17 replied to jean4u's response:
Barb-- Thanks "Mommy Dearest". All moms mean well and I appreciate the advice and encouragement. Thats what we are all here for after all right? It was easiest for me to clean my plate. Fresh start, I still have some junk in the house kind of hard not to have "snacks" with a 4 yr in the house. I choose not to eat any of them and to only drink water. I feel great with my decision, and dont want to knock myself too hard when I eat something out of my new norm. Thanks again, I love this exchange and everyone here.

Spotlight: Member Stories

From birth I have felt that I was noone. I was never praised or encouraged when I did do something right, so I've always felt I was unimportant an...More

Helpful Tips

Warning: Ramblings
Had some good things happen this week that I wanted to share. Had 2 people I know tell me I look 10 years younger. I'm under 250 lbs. ... More
Was this Helpful?
19 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.