Skip to content
100 Pounds Gone!!
Marci320 posted:
Okay, my weight today is 223.8, so I have officially lost 100 pounds since starting here in January. I'm so excited and trying not to think about the 50 pounds I still have to go to reach my goal. So my next goal is to weigh 218.

Anyway, hope I won't sound like a boring Academy Award speech here or anything, but I couldn't have done this without you all--especially those who were here at the beginning: Louise, Deb, Rg, Mia, Sheryl, and Barb Jean, and Judy and Amber from the 50-100 board, who I will thank over there as well.

For those of you just starting out or struggling today, be encouraged! We can all do this together! <waits for thundering applause to stop> LOL

Seriously, I love you guys!

kakonolady responded:
Marci- I am so happy for you!!!! <applause still going>. I actually have 101 pounds to go :)- I also weighed in today and have lost another 4 pounds since last tuesday :0- Thanks for sharing and keep up the great work!!- You are a big motivator for me......-enjoy the success-Crystal

crystalburger17 responded:
This is soooo exciting! WTG Marci! I will be there one day too. Thanks for the inspiration!

Marci320 replied to crystalburger17's response:
Thank you to both Crystals, and congrats on your weight loss Kakono. I'm looking forward to hearing about all your continued successes too!

Louise_WebMD_Staff responded:
Way to go Marci!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Clapping loudly.

CygnusWomyn replied to Marci320's response:
Oh, yeah... That's right. Do a dance, feeling right. Congrats Marci. You are an inspiration and a motivation on all my darkest days!

irisheyes213 replied to CygnusWomyn's response:
Getting up and doing the happy dance with you.
WAAAAHHHHOOOO for you! WTG Marci.
Never giving up and pushing forward will unlock all the potential we are capable of. ~Christy Borgeld http://www.3fatchicks.com/diet-blogs/irisheyes213/

jean4u replied to irisheyes213's response:
Hey Marci,

I am SOOO proud of you for hanging in there and getting the job done! WELL DONE!!

That was so sweet of you to mention me as one of your supporters. In an earlier post I was doing I wrote a thanks to Sheryl for being there for me. It really does matter when we need a hand or wink wink little push to get back in there,.........the support here is PRICELESS, LOL!!!!

I am doing the totally out-of-control salsa/happy DANCE, for YOU!!!

I know we celebrate and share our NSV's BUT this IS a TOTAL, over-the top SV, Scale Victory!!

I know, Marci, you, can see my big ole smile from where you are, now.

CHEERS!!

Barb Jean

Shortcutrd replied to jean4u's response:
Congratulations Marci! What an inspiration to others (me maily).

Marci320 replied to Shortcutrd's response:
Aww you all are so sweet and are on the verge of making me cry! Thanks for helping me celebrate with your cheering, dancing, and smiling. There really is no one in my life to share this with that would truly understand so you don't know how much I appreciate it! As Barb said, the support here is priceless!

Barb, you really are helpful, and you always manage to crack me up. BTW, where is Sheryl? Is she still on vacation? I miss her! Rg too. Is she still in Boston?

Anyway, love all you guys!

grammato2 responded:
Wow! 100 lbs. since January! That is amazing! You have definitely given me hope. Way to go!

jean4u replied to Marci320's response:
Marci,

I put a shout-out to Mia on one of the boards and she got back w/me/us. I did the same to Sheryl and hope she gets back, especially to share your SUPER victory. Like I said Sheryl, and ALL you gals kept me thinking and not eating (I think that could be a hit country song). LOL.

I was bragging about YOU, Marci, to my 30 yr. old dau. she said Congrats, too!!

I really hope Rg sees your news.

I swear this is like sharing a birth, because it IS the new YOU, that you created.

Marci, PLEASE, keep posting what you are feeling.

Barb Jean

Marci320 replied to jean4u's response:
Thanks, Grammato2, and Barb, I just love you. Thanks for celebrating with me, and thank your daughter too.

I wish I could say that everything is going well but I am really having trouble with PMS, as usual. I'm trying to keep my snacks at a minimum, but ended up having my nightly ice cream and then was hungry again so had popcorn at 10:30 last night. I'm just going to try to keep as busy as possible this long weekend so as not to get bored and do what I really want to do--sit and watch TV and eat!

Hope you all are having a great day so far!

tru_lady responded:
Hello! Trina here! You definitely don't know me but I was just looking at your post and totally felt encouraged by you. 100 pounds!! WoooooW!!

Its really hard for me to find support in my weight loss journey and I just wanted to ask if you would be my support person number 1???

Totally would love to keep in touch!

jean4u replied to Marci320's response:
Marci,

Get through that dreadful PMS. I can't say it was PMS for me, but on Fri. nite I had salmon w/fresh lemon and greilled fresh green bean and a side salad for dinner at a restaurant. It was sooo yummy! But, then when I got home I had baked Doritos and some Fun Yums(the baked onion rings). I dipped them in 2 Tbs. of ff sour cream. I just had to have some crunchies.

Well in the "big picture" of things this really isn't so horrible. But I had to write you because you had the "munchies", also.

I really think it is soooo important to know our "triggers/and weak-spots". And, how not to totally cave-in and make them a habit. And having snacks available that are not so calorie-filled.,

Good for you for having popcorn.

I am going to the movies,(to see that new George Clooney one "The American"), and I learned from you to pack low-cal snacks, some popcorn, some chocolate Cheerios 1/3 cup) and Crystal Lite. Armed and dangerous!

Hang in there through your PMS! You CAN do it!!

Barb Jean

Spotlight: Member Stories

hi I am 280lbs I have been told to loose weight to lower my high blood pressure and to cure my se vere gastritis. Ihavebeen told that I need a low fat...More

Helpful Tips

Warning: Ramblings
Had some good things happen this week that I wanted to share. Had 2 people I know tell me I look 10 years younger. I'm under 250 lbs. ... More
Was this Helpful?
19 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.