Skip to content
Hello Everyone
BrigitteP0610 posted:
I just wanted to take a moment to say hello to everyone, I'm new here, and I'm browsing through all your posts and wanted to make sure I took the change to introduce myself. My name's Brigitte and I'm hoping that this community will help me with my goal of weight loss...

mommytolew responded:
Hello Brigitte! and welcome!

I just read your story and all I can say is WOW! First off, I am glad that you are still with us today after your terrible car accident! Secondly, congratulations for overcoming your paralysis! I believe that if you have the strength to overcome that, to walk when told you may never be able to again ... then you have the strength to lose weight too! It is a long, hard road. It takes commitment and self-discipline, but I have confidence in you - I can see that you have a fire in you and you are a fighter!

I have faith that you can do it! Good luck on your journey!

God Speed
I've been on a constant diet for the last two decades. I've lost a total of 789 pounds. BY all accounts, I should be hanging from a charm bracelet. Erma Bombeck

jean4u replied to mommytolew's response:
Hi Brigitte,

Welcome! I, too read your story. Thanks for taking the time to write and share it. What you said about taking your life back....that sounds like the right plan, after all that you have gone through.

Got to say, you ARE a fighter. You said though, you never ate right. Now IS the time to learn how to do healthy eating. You say you have a boyfriend, how are his eating habits? You must make your change to healthy eating a priority...NO matter what!! I have been around "food pushers", all sorts of reasons to go off my healthy eating plan. Sometimes I did go off it but I got back on it, due to the support I get here.

I really think the motivation grows stronger the longer you stay with healthy eating and exercise. I hope you get ideas from the others here. Remember the small changes, like eating more fresh or frozen veggies, drinking 64 ozs. of water and walking more do add up.

I post because it keeps me focused to do what I need to do.

Post often.

Barb Jean

Louise_WebMD_Staff responded:
Welcome Brigitte! I am glad you have joined us.

CygnusWomyn responded:
Hi Brigitte,
I am a transplant to TX too! What region are you in? Loved reading your story... completely agree on the cute clothes dilemma of the larger lady.
Looking forward to seeing your evolution toward a lighter you.
Cygnus

Rgulen replied to CygnusWomyn's response:
I wanted to add my welcome as well! I am another transplant to TX - - depending upon where you call home it can seem like another country!

I hope that you will stop by often. Looking forward to reading your future posts.

Rg

Anon_101423 responded:
Hi Brigitte,
I would like to be able to offer you some assistance but it's been 2 yrs since your last posting here, and I'm just now picking up on it. So get back at me if you are still around and need some weight loss support?

Spotlight: Member Stories

Why I came to WebMD I decided to adopt healthier lifestyle changes in 2009 and feel that WebMD is an unbiased resource. Where I can be found on We...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
52 of 70 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.