Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
lap band?
FroggielvsU2 posted:
I had wls 5 years ago and lost 228# and since have re-gained most of it back. I don't feel like I have a strong enough tool any longer to aid me in dieting successfully. My doc suggested lap band but I find it embarrasing because I couldn't make gastric bypass work for me forever? What is up with that? Should I consider the lap band procedure? All I know is I am fed up and feel defeated before I even restart. I did this once before but some I can't muster the strength to do this again and I certainly can not keep gaining. Suggestions?

Rgulen responded:
Welcome to our board FroggielvsU2.

If there are medically driven reasons, then you should be researching pros and cons on surgery. Whether you opt for the surgery or not, you most likely will need to make some lifestyle changes to maintain goal weight. So why not start researching new habits that you can maintain for a lifetime now?

Often we suggest starting out with setting 3 goals (I balanced my goals between do more of a good habit and do less of a bad habit). Then add additional goals each week.

I hope you decide to join us.

Rg

irisheyes213 responded:
As you have unfortunately learned, unless we change our mindset and our choices, we aren't going to be able to sustain weight loss. Even with the lap band procedure you are going to have to make changes. How about trying to implement those changes now, and see if you have success? Try tracking your calories with something like fitday.com or the webmd food and fitness planner. Add exercise into your day 5 to 10 minutes at a time. Switch back to noncaloric drinks if necessary.

It is going to take an effort from you regardless of the tools you use but you can do it.
Never giving up and pushing forward will unlock all the potential we are capable of. ~Christy Borgeld http://www.3fatchicks.com/diet-blogs/irisheyes213/

Marci320 replied to irisheyes213's response:
As always, Rg and Deb have given you great advice. There seems to be no easy fix for losing weight. It takes work no matter what path you take to lose it.

Whatever you choose to do, I wish you the best and hope you will share your journey with us.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, my name is Dave. I have been overweight pretty much my entire life. I am now ready to make a change in my life and start living more healthy. A lo...More

Helpful Tips

Warning: Ramblings
Had some good things happen this week that I wanted to share. Had 2 people I know tell me I look 10 years younger. I'm under 250 lbs. ... More
Was this Helpful?
19 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.