Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Depression/Anxiety linked to Obesity
Louise_WebMD_Staff posted:
Increased appetite and decreased physical activity are common symptoms of depression that lead to weight gain, while the stigma associated with obesity may lead to depression.

Read more: Depression/ Anxiety linked to Weight Gain
Was this Helpful?
11 of 21 found this helpful

jean4u responded:
I read the article. I didn't think of myself as being depressed. But I was sleeping and napping way too much. Over-eating. Process foods and carb-loaded foods were what I craved and ate. Very few fresh fruits and veggies. Almost non-existent exercise.

I think my lifestyle was creating a self-imposed depression.

It wasn't until just recently that I even considered that I had been depressed. That is why I feel changing to a healthy eating and exercise lifestyle is so important to maintain positive mental health as well as positive physical changes.

Barb Jean

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello, everyone! I have weighed more than twice as much as normal since the age of 2. I have had many short-lived attempts at reducing, but always gai...More

Helpful Tips

Starbucks' Holiday Drink Help
"Nothing answers the cry of a cold morning during the holidays than a Starbucks Peppermint Mocha ." Find out what Nutritionist Elaine ... More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 30 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.